Research field: Environmental sciences and engineering.
• PhD degree in Sciences Applied to the Environment, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, or similar scientific areas;
• Demonstrated experience in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and in using LCA software;
• Immediate availability to join the team.
Experience in LCA of forest products and/or in Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment (LCSA).
Assessment of the environmental, social and economic performance of tissue paper produced in Portugal from eucalypt wood, by applying LCSA.
Workplace: The work will be carried out at the Department of Environment and Planning of University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Doctor Ana Cláudia Dias.
Duration and scope of activity: The fellowship will have a duration of 12 months, eventually extendable to a maximum of more 26 months, and is expected to begin in June 2018.
Value of monthly maintenance allowance: 1495 Euros/month (tax free) according to the official table for Research Grants from FCT - http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores, to be paid monthly via bank transfer.
Evaluation Criteria and Process: The evaluation criteria are:
1. Curricular evaluation – valuing 100%;
2. In case the jury needs more detailed information to decide and final rank the applicants, an interview to the three best ranked candidates may be done, being in this case the itens (curricular evaluation and interview) valued in 50% each.
- Curricular evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
• Curriculum vitae (60%);
• Experience in LCA (and LCSA) and in using LCA software (40%).
- The interview will be conducted to assess the candidates in the following domains:
• Knowledge on LCA and LCSA tools (70%);
• Motivation, dynamism and strategic vision of the candidate (30%).
This call will be closed if none of the candidates has the adequate profile for the position.
Jury: The Jury responsible for the evaluation process is composed by: Doctor Ana Cláudia Dias (President), Professor Luís Tarelho and Professor Carlos Pascoal Neto.
Notification of results: Final results will be published as a list of candidates ranked according to final evaluation, and will be communicated to each applicant through the email address indicated in the application process.
Deadline for application: The call for applications is open from 14/5/2018 to 31/05/2018.
Application submission and documentation: Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending the following documents:
• Motivation letter (up to two A4 pages);
• Application form for research grants available at http://www.ua.pt/sgrhf/PageText.aspx?id=15032, in Bolseiros/Modelo de Candidatura, with indication of the email address of the candidate;
• Curriculum vitae;
• Copies of academic degrees and other relevant documents;
• Copy of identity document.
Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with Cc to email@example.com.
Legislation and regulations: The fellowship is in accordance with Law Nº. 40/2004, 18th August (Research Fellow Statute) and regulations for Advanced Training of Human Resources of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) I.P. — no. 234/2012, no. 326/2013 and no. 339/2015 (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt) and the Regulation of Scientific Research Grants from the University of Aveiro – Regulation n.º 341/2011, published in Diário da República, 2nd series, n.º 98, 20th May.