Research field: Chemical Engineering and related fields
PhD in Chemical Engineering and related fields
-Research experience in the field of pulp and paper.
- Basic knowledge of the chemistry of kraft cooking and bleaching of cellulosic pulps, as well as paper chemistry
- Good interpersonal relationship, ability to communicate, team spirit and proactive action.
-To evaluate the potential of E. globulus bleached kraft pulps for applications requiring high absorption capacity and to establish the manufacturing process variables of pulps affecting the absorption properties;
-Carry out a comparative study on chemical, enzymatic and physicochemical modification of the pulp in relation to its absorption properties.
-Apply additives that allow the increase of absorbing properties of the pulp.
- Evaluate the costs of modifying the pulps with the proposed solutions.
Workplace: The work will be carried out at CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials, University of Aveiro and at RAIZ – Research Institute of Forestry and Paper, under the scientific supervision of Prof. Dmitry V. Evtuguin
Duration and scope of activity: The fellowship will have a duration of 12 months, eventually extendable to a maximum of more 26 months, and is expected to begin in June 2018.
Value of monthly maintenance allowance: 1495 Euros/month (tax free) according to the official table for Research Grants from FCT - http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores, to be paid monthly via bank transfer.
Evaluation Criteria and Process: The evaluation criteria are:
Curricular evaluation – with evaluation of 100%;
In case the jury needs more detailed information to decide and final rank the applicants, an interview to the three best ranked candidates, being in this case the items valued as followed:
• Academic qualifications (30%);
• Professional relevant experience (50%);
• Publications (20%).
- The interview will be conducted to assess the knowledge of the candidates in the following domains:
• Knowledge in the areas of the indicated profile (70%);
• Motivation of the candidate (30%);
Juri: The Jury responsible for the evaluation process is composed by: Prof. Dr. Dmitry V. Evtuguin, Prof. Dr. Jorge Manuel Alexandre Saraiva and Prof. Dr. Carlos Pascoal Neto
The final results of the evaluation will be communicated by e-mail.
Applications should be sent by email to Dmitrye@ua.pt
Call Start and Finish Dates: The call for applications is open from 14/5/2018 to 31/05/2018.
• Motivation letter (up to two A4 pages);
• Application form for research grants available at http://www.ua.pt/sgrhf/PageText.aspx?id=15032, in Bolseiros/Modelo de Candidatura, with indication of the email address of the candidate;
• Curriculum vitae;
• Copies of academic degrees and other relevant documents;
• Copy of identity document.
Legislation and regulations: The fellowship is in accordance with Law Nº. 40/2004, 18th August (Research Fellow Statute) and regulations for Advanced Training of Human Resources of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) I.P. — no. 234/2012, no. 326/2013 and no. 339/2015 (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt) and the Regulation of Scientific Research Grants from the University of Aveiro – Regulation n.º 341/2011, published in Diário da República, 2nd series, n.º 98, 20th Maio.