Call for awarding one Research Fellowship in the scope of the Projects
Infrastructures for Scientific Research
One Science and Technology Management Fellowship, for PhD holders, is available with Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, in the project “NECL – Rede de Laboratórios de Condições Extremas” (project number 22096), financed by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I. P. (FCT)/MCTES through national funds and by Programa Operacional Regional do Norte and Programa Operacional Regional de Lisboa through European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Physics
2. Requirements for admission:
- PhD degree in Physics or related areas;
- At least three years of post-doctoral research.
- Know-how in magnetism and previous experience in magnetic properties studies;
- Mossbauer spectroscopy previous experience.
- Magnetic systems processing know how
3. Work Plan:
- Study of magnetic nanosystems and magnetic ion complexes using high resolution magnetic techniques such as SQUID magnetometry, Mössbauer spectroscopy and AC susceptibility;
- Preparation of nanosystems, namely ferromagnetic oxides nanoparticles;
- Supervision of experimental equipments: Mossbauer spectrometer and SQUID magnetometer.
4. Legislation framework:
Law No. 40/2004, of August 18th, as amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of August 27th, by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of October 29th, by Law No. 12/2013, of January 29th, and by Decree-Law No. 89/2013 of July 9th and Lisbon University Fellowships Regulation, published by Order (extract) No. 6977/2015 of June 23th (https://dre.pt/application/file/67564222).
5. Place of work:
The work will be developed at the Physics Department of Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, at the group MagNano/BioISI.
6. Scientific supervision:
Professor Maria Margarida Colen Martins da Cruz and Liliana Ferreira, PhD in coorientation.
7. Fellowship duration:
This fellowship is opened for 12 months, renewable until the end of the project, scheduled for 13-10-2020. It is expected to begin in July 2018.
8. Monthly allowance and Social Insurance:
8.1. The fellowship amount to € 1.995 (one thousand, nine hundred and ninety five euros), according to Lisbon University Fellowships Regulation (https://dre.pt/application/file/67564222). It will be paid monthly by bank transfer;
8.2. The candidate to be hired may exercise his right to social insurance by joining the voluntary social insurance scheme, under the terms of the Statute of the Research Fellowship. The financing entities assume the costs resulting from the contributions provided for this Social Insurance, according to the Statute of the Research Fellowship.
9. Selection criteria:
Candidates will be assessed based on their curricular evaluation and selection interview, as follows:
- A first ranking will be based on the curricular evaluation.
- The three first ranked candidates will be interviewed by the selection committee
- The final evaluation will be obtained considering the following weights: 50% for the curricular evaluation and 50% for the selection interview.
10. Selection Committee:
Professor Maria Margarida da Fonseca Beja Godinho (President), Professor Maria Margarida Colen Martins da Cruz (1st Effective Member) and Liliana Ferreira, PhD (2nd Effective Member), Margarida Maria Moreira Calejo Pires, PhD (1st Alternate Member) and Professor Maria da Estrela Borges de Melo Jorge (2nd Alternate member).
11. Publication/notification of results:
The final results of the evaluation will become public, through a final grade ordered list which will be posted at the entrance hall of Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, C4 building, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa.
All applicants will be notified of the results of the evaluation to the email address used for sending the respective application, or by post to the applicant’s address.
12. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 12 to 25 of June, 2018.
13. Application: Application may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “BGCT-DOUTOR-NECL”, or personally, during office hours (9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.), at the office address of Núcleo de Expediente da Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Edifício C5, piso 1, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa, until the deadline, by attaching the following documents:
- In the case of being Portuguese citizen, copy of identification document (ID or citizen card);
- In the case of not being Portuguese citizen, copy of identification document (ID card or passport) as well as residence authorization, permanent residence authorization or long-term resident status, if applicable;
- If you agree to be notified for your email address, please send obligatorily the declaration annexed to this Notice;
- Certificates of qualifications of all obtained academic degrees, with final ranking;
- Curriculum Vitae, detailed and updated, stating obligatorily the full candidate’s address;
- Document of employment status, indicating the nature of the bond and functions; this document can be replaced by a declaration under honor commitment if there isn’t any professional activity or the provision of services;
- Motivation letter;
- Optionally, letters of recommendation.