|Texto do anúncio
Research field: Physics, Materials Engineering, Chemistry and related areas
- Ph.D. in Physics, Materials Engineering, Chemistry or related areas;
- Author of 5 scientific publications classified in the Science Citations Index (SCI) and published in the last 5 years.
- Research experience in optical characterization of materials, namely in UV/Vis/NIR absorption spectroscopy, photoluminescence, use of integrating spheres (illustrated with authorship of articles published in journals indexed in SCI);
- Preference to candidates with a recent PhD degree in a topic relevant to the indicated activities.
- Design and synthesis of luminescent nanoparticles and heater-thermometer nanostructures (excited and emitting in biological windows I (BW-I, 650-1000 nm) and II (BW-II, 1000–1350 nm);
- Advanced optical characterization of nanoparticles and heater-thermometer nanostructures in terms of their optical (absorption, excitation, steady state and time-resolved emission, quantum yield, thermal sensitivity, thermal stability, reproducibility of temperature readout) and photothermal features.
- Microscopic modelling of luminescent processes and heater processes at the nanoscale.
- Development of a magnetothermal microscope for 2D thermal cellular images and its use for the development of localized intracellular hyperthermia therapy
Legislation and regulations: The fellowship is in accordance with Law Nº. 40/2004, 18th August (Research Fellow Statute) and regulations for Advanced Training of Human Resources of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) I.P. — no. 234/2012, no. 326/2013 and no. 339/2015 (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt) and the Regulation of Scientific Research Grants from the University of Aveiro – Regulation nº 341/2011, published in Diário da República, 2nd series, nº 98, 20th May.
Workplace: The work will be carried out at CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials, University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor Luís Carlos.
Duration and scope of activity: The fellowship will have a duration of 12 months on an exclusivity basis, eventually extendable to a maximum of 36 months, and is expected to begin in September 2018.
Value of monthly maintenance allowance: 1495 Euros/month (tax free) according to the official table for Research Grants from FCT - http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores, to be paid monthly via bank transfer.
Evaluation Criteria and Process: The evaluation criteria are:
A. Curricular evaluation (100%), according to the following criteria:
• Scientific-technical curriculum and demonstrated experience in accord with the admission requirements (40%);
• Scientific-technical curriculum and demonstrated experience in the subjects indicated as preferential conditions (40%);
• Scientific-technical curriculum and demonstrated experience in other areas relevant to the development of the work program (20%)
If necessary to prove the merits of the candidates, an interview will be held, to the three best candidates in the curricular evaluation.
B. Interview to evaluate each admitted candidate in the following aspects:
• Specific knowledge relevant to the execution of the work plan to be developed (70%);
• Communication and interpersonal skills (15%);
• Oral proficiency in English (15%).
If the Interview is not held, the final evaluation will correspond only to the Curricular Assessment.
If the Interview is held, the final evaluation will be carried out according to the following weighting:
• 70% Curricular evaluation;
• 30% Interview.
The competition will be closed if none of the candidates proves suitable.
The results of the evaluation will be publicized through a list posted in a visible and public place of the Building of the Technological Laboratory (CICECO) of the University of Aveiro. All candidates being notified by e-mail.
Juri: The Jury responsible for the evaluation process is composed by:
President: Luís António Ferreira Martins Dias Carlos, Full Professor, Physics department of the University of Aveiro;
Maria Rute de Amorim e Sá Ferreira André, Associated Professor with ‘’agregação’’, Physics department of the University of Aveiro.
Carlos Brites, Researcher, Physics department of the University of Aveiro.
Documents Required: i) Application letter; ii) Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed, including a description of previous activities in scientific projects; iii) Photocopy (or scanned copy) of identity card or passport; iv) PhD certificate;) Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the subject reference Projet NanoTBTech – post-doctoral grant
Call Start and Finish Dates: July, 1 2018 to July, 20 2018.