|Texto do anúncio
Research field: Materials Science
Obligatory requirements (must be met to be considered)
• Master’s degree in Materials Engineering or associated areas;
• At least 8 articles published in relevant ISI journals, with at least 5 as first author;
• Must have experience of research in biomaterials, with publications in this area as first author.
• Laboratory experience in the areas of biomaterials and inorganic materials/ceramics;
• Laboratory experience in the relevant analysis techniques (XRD, FTIR, SEM, EDS, UV-vis, ASAP, DTA-TGA, Raman, XRF);
• Experience in Mechanical Engineering and analysis of mechanical properties;
• Competence in spoken and written English and Portuguese;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and a proactive team spirit.
Analysis of biomaterials and coatings for biomaterials.
Analysis of samples of stone and metal.
Use of analytical techniques like XRD, FTIR, UV-vis, ASAP, DTA-TGA, Raman and XRF.
Microstructure and crystallographic analysis.
Interpretation of the results of the analyses.
Participation in project meetings and writing reports.
Legislation and regulations: The fellowship is in accordance with Law Nº. 40/2004, 18th August (Research Fellow Statute) and regulations for Advanced Training of Human Resources of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) I.P. — no. 234/2012, no. 326/2013 and no. 339/2015 (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt) and the Regulation of Scientific Research Grants from the University of Aveiro – Regulation n.º 341/2011, published in Diário da República, 2nd series, n.º 98, 20th Maio.
Workplace: The work will be carried out at CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials, University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Dr Robert Pullar.
Duration and scope of activity: The fellowship will have a duration of 3 months, form 01/10/2018 until the 31/12/2018, eventually extendable.
Value of monthly maintenance allowance: 980 Euros/month (tax free) according to the official table for Research Grants from FCT - http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores, to be paid monthly via bank transfer.
Evaluation Criteria and Process: The evaluation criteria are the following:
1. Curriculum Review – worth 100% of valuation, which will be made according to the following criteria:
• minimum of at least 8 published papers (ISI) (30%);
• some articles as first author in the area of biomaterials (10%);
• experience in Mechanical Engineering (10%);
• proven experience with relevant analysis techniques (30%);
• proven experience in research areas relevant to the project (20%).
2. If the jury cannot decide using the method described in 1, they can choose to perform an interview that evaluates each candidate in the following areas:
• specific knowledge for the implementation of the workplan (30%);
• knowledge of the institution (20%);
• communication skills and interpersonal skills (20%);
• oral Portuguese language (10%);
• oral English language (10%);
• evidence of organisation and presentation skills shown throughout interview (10%).
In this case, the final evaluation will be performed in accordance the following weighting:
• 60% curriculum evaluation;
• 40% interview.
The final results of the evaluation will be communicated by e-mail.
Juri: The Jury responsible for the evaluation process is composed by: Dr Robert Pullar, Dr Paula Seabra, Dr David Tobaldi
Documents Required: i) Application letter; ii) Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed, including a description of previous activities in scientific projects; iii) Photocopy (or scanned copy) of identity card or passport; iv) PhD certificate. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call Start and Finish Dates: 25/07/2018 to 07/08/2018.