2. Applicable Legislation Decree No. 57/2016, of 29th of August, which approved a regime of hiring of doctorates to stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC). Labor Code, approved Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, under its current version. Funded exclusively under the State Budget in accordance with the provisions of article 18 of the Regulation of Projects Funded Exclusively by National Funds, published in Diário da República, n.º 999/2016, of October 31 (later RPOE), which establishes the conditions of access and rules of support for projects financed exclusively by national funds through FCT, IP to develop work within the project n. º 031356
3. The selection panel shall be: Chairman of the Jury: João Ramalho-Santos (President of CNC); Members of the Jury: Irina de Sousa Moreira (CNC), Rita Melo (CNC, C2TN-IST); Substitute Member: João Galamba-Correia (C2TN-IST)
4. Place of work: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, FMUC building, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal.
5. The monthly salary is set in accordance with the provisions set in RJEC, article 15, no. 1, corresponding to level 33 of the single salary scale approved by Decree no. 1553-C/2008 of the 31st December, at 2,128.34 Euros gross.
6. Applicants may be Nationals, Foreign and Stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Biological Sciences, and related fields. Applicant should hold a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
7. General admission requirements:
- PhD (concluded) in Biosciences or a related area
- Excellent track record of publications in his/her area of research
- Proficiency in the use of the English language, spoken and written, at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) - Experience in the field of Bioinformatics and knowledge of programming techniques in Python, R and Machine Learning algorithms.
This experience must be proven by the frequency or completion of relevant curricular degrees and/or scientific publications in the area.
8. The selection is made through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path of the candidates.
9. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular course focuses on the relevance, quality and topicality of: a) the scientific and technological production of the candidate in previous five years considered more relevant by him/herself; b) applied or practice-based research activities developed over the previous five years and considered to have the greatest impact by the candidate; c) the activities, in which the candidate was involved in the previous 5 years, considered of greater importance by the candidates and related to the competing positions, of extension and dissemination of knowledge that promote the practice and scientific culture.
10.1 - Position 1 within the framework of Project POCI010145FEDER031356, entitled " Deep learning in cancer drug discovery: a pipeline for the generation of new therapies ", with activities focused on: i) biomedical research and creation of a comprehensive database of biomarkers; ii) precision-medicine based mining of structural and genomic data and the construction of methodologies, pipelines, web-servers and software; iii) development of new candidates for anticancer drugs and new techniques that interpret and link resistance to drugs and genomic data, contributing to a detailed understanding of cancer biology.
11. After evaluation by the jury, the candidates will be ranked based on their Curriculum Vitae (CV). If the jury considers it necessary, the three best candidates in CV will be called for an interview (I). The final classification will be obtained by the following formula: (0.90 x CV) + (0.10 x I). If there is no interview, the final classification will be the same as the one obtained in the CV. Criteria for Curriculum Vitae evaluation: 11.1 Coherence and quality of CV (C1) - 70%, Evaluated based on an integrated vision of the candidate's scientific and curricular background and merit, taking into account the diversity of scientific indicators that are relevant to the candidate's position, such as books and book chapters, patents and journal articles and their metrics (including number of publications, number of citations and cumulative impact factor), selected or by initiation national and international lectures; work experience relevant to the project; multidisciplinary profile; international internships and awards; complementary courses in the area of interest for the project.
11.2 Science and Leadership Management (C2) - 20% Evaluated by the candidate's performance in science management and leadership in funded scientific projects and research teams.
1.3 Participation in knowledge dissemination and exploitation activities (C3) - 10% Including the organization and active participation in courses and scientific meetings, as well as scientific orientation of Master's and PhD thesis and participation in thesis juries. The final CV classification (CF-CV) will be determined by the following formula: CF = 0,70*C1 + 0,20*C2 + 0,10*C3
12. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
14. The panel meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever requested.
15. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the leader of the institution that is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
17. Formalization of the applications:
17.1. Applications are formalized by sending a letter addressed to the President of the Jury, stating this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or civil identification number and date, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
17.2. Applicant must clearly state to which position they are applying to.
17.3. The application shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of certificate or diploma (the recognition of the PhD degree is requested under the Article 9 of the Regulation of Scientific Employment) ; b) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with items 10 and 11; c) Other documents relevant for the evaluation of the qualification in related scientific area; d) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (max. 1 page), according to item 11 of this announcement.
7.4. Applicants should send their applications by post, to the address Centro de Neurociências e Biologia Celular, Departamento de Recursos Humanos, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1º Piso, Universidade de Coimbra, 3004-504 Coimbra, Portugal. The mail must be registered, with notice of receipt, issued until the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 29/11/2018.
18. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished by law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted in CNC’s webpage at http://www.cnbc.pt/, and the applicants will be notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After notification of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to respond. In the next 2 working days, counted from the deadline for submitting complaints, the final decisions of the jury shall be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/.
22. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, the candidate with disability has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
25. Under the terms of the RU 2016/679 27/04/2016 and Law nº 67/98 26/10 the personal data collected by the entity is for recruitment purposes only. Personal data collected by the entity by means of this application are intended to assess whether candidates are suitable for the place requested and for the preliminary calculation of the remuneration, bonuses and perks of the candidates who are admitted to the recruitment. The data entered in the application are essential data in the weighting of the selection of candidates, which may affect the efficiency and the result of the respective application if the candidates do not provide them. Personal data of unsuitable candidates will be retained by the entity for a period of five years for subsequent recruitment. Applications for candidates may be transferred by the entity to its own premises or to the entities of the consortium where there are job openings during the abovementioned period. Candidates shall enjoy, in accordance with the law, the rights of access and rectification. For the exercise of the right of access, they must submit the request in writing to the person in charge of the entity.