According to the Contracting of Doctorates to the National Scientific and Technological System (Ciência 2008), the Media and Journalism Research Center (CIMJ) is opening up applications to recruit a researcher that has a PhD degree, obtained at least three years ago (or less if the applicant has a relevant curriculum) and that has the following characteristics:
- PhD in Communication Sciences or Social and Human Sciences with relevant research done in the field of Communication Sciences;
- Experience at coordinating and doing research in projects in line with CIMJ's interests by the following priorities: History of Media and Journalism; Media, Journalism and Democracy; Media, New Technologies and Social Usages;
- Has published work(s) that are relevant to the above mentioned fields of research;
- Is experience at working in research units and organizing scientific events;
- Is motivated to take part in CIMJ's activities: developing its research lines, promoting projects with foreing research institutions; divulgating and disseminating research, namely through articles in journals and other publications;
- Either of Portuguese or any other foreign nationality.
- A work contract up to five years, with an yearly income of €43.426,18, minus taxes;
- Good working conditions, and resources to perform the research, along with a stimulating work environment.
The application process, that lasts until September 30th, must have the following documents accompanying it:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of two of the applicant's most meaningful publications;
- A research project proposal (maximum 1500 words), susceptible of being integrated on one of the aforementioned research lines;
- Two recommendation letters by researchs with a relevant curriculum in this area; one of them by a foreign researcher.
The applications must be sent to the following address: