3. The selection panel shall be: Chairman of the Jury: João Ramalho-Santos (Presidente do CNC); Jury Members: Sandra Catarina Gomes Amaral, Ana Sofia de Jesus Rodrigues; Paula Mota and Ana Paula Sousa (alternate jury member)
4. Place of work: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Portugal, in its research extensions at Polo III and services at Polo I, or UC-Biotech.
5. The monthly salary is set in accordance with the provisions in RJEC, article 15, no. 1, corresponding to level 33 of the single salary scale approved by Decree no. 1553-C/2008 of the 31st December, at 2,128.34 Euros gross.
6. Applicants may be Nationals, Foreign and Stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Biosciences, Medical and Health Sciences, Biochemistry and/or Engineering and Technology, or related fields. Applicant should hold a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
7. Admission requirements:
7.1 General admission requirements: Ph.D. Degree in Biosciences, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Medical and Health Sciences, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related fields. Excellent track record of publications in his/her research area. Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
7.2 Specific admission requirements: Ph.D. Degree in Cell Biology or related fields. Proven experience in the biology of reproduction field, especially on male gamete. The expertise in Cellular and Molecular Biology techniques as well as the experience in laboratorial management and in scientific supervision will be also valued.
8. The selection is made through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular outputs of the candidates.
9. The selection of the PhD holder to be hired will be carried out by assessing the curriculum vitae of the candidates. In general terms, this evaluation will concern relevance and quality of the scientific and technological production of the candidate, as noted in the CV.
10. The position has been opened for the carrying out of tasks in the research project “Searching for novel biomarkers in unknown origin male infertility of the Biology of Reproduction and Stem Cells Group of the CNC. The activities to be developed are focused on the characterization of the functionality of sperm cells in patients with unknown origin male infertility, being the main objective to clarify the mechanism behind this condition and identify biomarkers with potential diagnostic and therapeutic value.
11. Evaluation is based on the scientific career of candidates. The evaluation of candidate CVs will focus on the scientific publication record, the scientific merit and research capabilities in the areas required for the position, namely the experience on the biology of reproduction field, specifically on the evaluation of the male gamete functionality and metabolism, that includes the experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques.
11.1 The integrated assessment of the scientific and curricular trajectory of the candidate will be carried out according to the following criteria: 1) General consistency and quality of CV (CV)– 10 %; 2) Scientific and technical experience relevant for the position (STE); (40%) 3) Content and quality of the candidate’s scientific production, notably communications and publications in international journals of their speciality field. The number and quality of publications (Impact Factor, Quartile of journals and number of citations) and communications, will be considered (SP); (30%) 4) Participation in I&D projects, students’ supervision and participation in dissemination of knowledge activities (PPSD) (10%)
11.2 – Interview (I)– 10% Final grade (FG) will be obtained using the following formula: FG: 0,1*CV + 0,4*STE +0,3* SP + 0,1* PPSD+ 0,1*I 12. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
14. The panel meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever requested.
15. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the leader of the institution that is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
17. Formalization of the application:
17.1 Applications are formalized by sending a letter addressed to the President of the Jury, stating this announcement identification, full name, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or civil identification number and date, taxpayer ID number, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
17.2 The application shall include all support documents mentioned in sections 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of certificate or diploma; b) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with items 10 and 11; c) PhD Thesis; d) Other documents relevant for the evaluation, if deemed necessary by the candidate; e) contact of two references (email and phone).
17.3 Applicants should send their applications by post, to the following address: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Human Resources Department, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1º Piso, University of Coimbra, 3004-504 Coimbra, Portugal. The mail must be registered, with notice of receipt, issued until the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 30 working days after publication of this call (26/02/2019).
18. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished by law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted in the CNC webpage at http://www.cnbc.pt/, and the applicants will be notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After notification of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to respond. In the next 2 working days, counted from the deadline for submitting complaints, the final decisions of the jury shall be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/.
22. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, a candidate with disability has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
25. Under the terms of the RU 2016/679 27/04/2016 and Law nº 67/98 26/10 the personal data collected by the entity is for recruitment purposes only. Personal data collected by the entity by means of this application are intended to assess whether candidates are suitable for the place requested and for the preliminary calculation of the remuneration, bonuses and perks of the candidates who are admitted to the recruitment. The data entered in the application are essential data in the weighting of the selection of candidates, which may affect the efficiency and the result of the respective application if the candidates do not provide them. Personal data of unsuitable candidates will be retained by the entity for a period of five years for subsequent recruitment. Applications for candidates may be transferred by the entity to its own premises or to the entities of the consortium where there are job openings during the abovementioned period. Candidates shall enjoy, in accordance with the law, the rights of access and rectification. For the exercise of the right of access, they must submit the request in writing to the person in charge of the entity.
DATA PUBLICITAÇÃO: 15/01/2019