2. Applicable Legislation Decree No. 57/2016, of 29th of August, altered by the 57/2017 law, which approved a regime of hiring of doctorates to stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC). Labor Code, approved Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, under its current version. Contract is under a project financed by national funds through the FCT / MCTES and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), namely under the following frameworks: “Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização – COMPETE 2020”
3. The selection panel shall be: Chairman of the Jury: Position according to the project POCI-01-0145-FEDER-030712 - João Ramalho-Santos (President of jury, President of CNC); Sandra Morais Cardoso, Paula Moreira, Claudia Pereira e Alexandrina Mendes (suplentes).
4. Place of work: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Polo I.
5. The monthly salary is set in accordance with the provisions in RJEC, article 15, no. 1, corresponding to level 33 of the single salary scale approved by Decree no. 1553-C/2008 of the 31st December, at 2,128.34 Euros gross.
6. Applicants may be Nationals, Foreign and Stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Biological Sciences, and related fields. Applicant should hold a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
7. General admission requirements: - PhD Degree in Biology, specialization in Cellular Biology, or related field. - Excellent track record in his/her research area - Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written). - Proven experience with publications in Cell culture; Western blotting and Microscopy.
8. The selection is made through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path of the candidates.
9. The selection of the PhD holder to be contracted will be carried out through assessing the academic and curricular vitae of the candidates for the Position in the tender. In general terms, this evaluation will concern relevance, quality and state of the art of a) the scientific production, from the last five years, considered more relevant by the candidate; b) the activities of applied research developed in the last five years and considered more relevant by the candidate; c) the involvement in activities of extension and knowledge dissemination developed in the last five years which promote the practice and scientific culture, considered more relevant by the candidates and related with the position.
10. This position is designed to carry out a plan of research activities and knowledge dissemination detailed below: Position on the scope of the project POCI-01-0145-FEDER-030712, entitled “The role of quality control mechanisms in the loss of proteostasis in age-dependent neurodegenerative disorders”, including activities focused in the evaluation of quality control mechanisms. Moreover we aim to evaluate how a non-invasive strategy such as caloric restriction will counteract many of the pathological alterations that characterize both neurodegenerative diseases. The work plan should extend the knowledge in these fields, reinforcing the activities and international visibility of CNC, should be aligned with the strategic plan of research for 2018-2022, as well as with the interests and dynamics of the research groups from the institution.
11. Specific evaluation criteria:
11.1 – Consistency and quality of the CV (C1) – 50%, Evaluation based on an integrated perspective of the path and scientific and curricular merit of the candidate, considering the diversity of scientific indicators relevant for the position, such as books, book chapters, patents and scientific papers in journals and respective metrics (including number of publications, number of citations and accumulated impact factor), selected or invited communications in national and international conferences; laboratorial experience, relevant for the scientific project; international internships and prizes.
11.2 – Science Management and leadership (C2) - 30%, Evaluated by the performance of the candidate in science management, involvement and leadership in financed scientific projects and research teams
11.3 – Participation in activities of dissemination and exploration of knowledge (C3) – 10%, Including the organization and active participation in courses and scientific meetings, activities of science communication, scientific supervision of students, master and PhD theses and participation in theses jury.
11.4 - Interview (C4) – 10% The final classification (FC) will be determined by the following equation: FC = 0,5*C1 + 0,3*C2 + 0,1*C3+0,1*C4 12. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
14. The panel meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever requested.
15. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the leader of the institution that is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
17. Formalization of the applications:
17.1. Applications are formalized by sending a letter addressed to the President of the Jury, stating this announcement and position identification, full name, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or civil identification number and date, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
17.2. Applicant must clearly state to which position they are applying to.
17.3. The application shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of Doctorate certificate or diploma and animal experimentation course; b) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with items 10 and 11; c) Other documents relevant for the evaluation of the qualification in related scientific area (English language levels will be evaluated taking into account the documents sent by the applicant as well as in the interview) ; d) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (max. 1 page), according to item 10 of this announcement.
17.4. Applicants should send their applications and documents by registered mail, directed to the president of the jury, to the address: Centro de Neurociências e Biologia Celular, Departamento de Recursos Humanos, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1º Piso, Universidade de Coimbra, 3004-504 Coimbra, Portugal. The mail must be registered, with notice of receipt, issued until the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 30 working days after this publication (01/03/2019).
18. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished by law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted in the institute and the selected applicants will be notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After notification of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to respond. In the following 2 working days, counted from the deadline for submitting complaints, the final decisions of the jury about these shall be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/. In the 90 days following the deadline for application submission, the final decision of the jury shall be published.
22. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, the candidate with disability has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
25. Under the terms of the RU 2016/679 27/04/2016 and Law nº 67/98 26/10 the personal data collected by the entity is for recruitment purposes only. Personal data collected by the entity by means of this application are intended to assess whether candidates are suitable for the place requested and for the preliminary calculation of the remuneration, bonuses and perks of the candidates who are admitted to the recruitment. The data entered in the application are essential data in the weighting of the selection of candidates, which may affect the efficiency and the result of the respective application if the candidates do not provide them. Personal data of unsuitable candidates will be retained by the entity for a period of five years for subsequent recruitment. Applications for candidates may be transferred by the entity to its own premises or to the entities of the consortium where there are job openings during the abovementioned period. Candidates shall enjoy, in accordance with the law, the rights of access and rectification. For the exercise of the right of access, they must submit the request in writing to the person in charge of the entity.
DATA PUBLICAÇÃO: 18/01/2019