2. Applicable legislation: Under Decree No. 57/2016, of August 29, amended by Law 57/2017, which approves a system of contracting doctorates to stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC), and the Labor Code, approved by Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, in its current version. Hiring under a project financed by national funds through FCT / MCTES and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Operational Program for Competitiveness and Internationalization, COMPETE 2020.
3. The jury has the following composition: Jury President: João Ramalho-Santos (President of the CNC); Carlos Duarte (Vice-President), Luís Pereira de Almeida (Vice-President), Ana Luísa Carvalho and Liliana Mendonça.
4. Place of work: Center of Neurosciences and Cell Biology, with headquarters at the University of Coimbra, Polo I, and / or its research extensions at Polo III and UC-Biotech (in Cantanhede). Duration: 6 months, renewable for the maximum of 25 months.
5. The monthly remuneration to be attributed is that provided for in paragraph a) of paragraph 1 of article 15 of the RJEC, corresponding to level 33 of the single remuneration table, approved by Administrative Rule no. 1553-C / 2008, December, being € 2,128.34 illiquid.
6. Applicants may be national, foreign and stateless candidates who hold a PhD degree in Pharmacy, Biosciences or related scientific area, and holders of a scientific and professional curriculum that shows a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. If the doctorate has been granted by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007, of October 12, and any formalities established there must be fulfilled until the expiration date for the application.
7. General requirements for admission to competition are: - Degree of Doctor in Pharmacy, Biosciences or similar scientific area. - Excellent record of publications in his/her area of research. - Proven experience in culturing and manipulation of stem cells. - To have knowledge of the Portuguese and English languages spoken and written at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) - Hold a course of animal experimentation that grants him/her the accreditation of researcher or research technician by the DGAV (FELASA category B).
8. The selection is made through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path of the candidates.
9. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular course focuses on the relevance, quality and topicality of: a) the scientific and technological production of the last five years considered more relevant by the candidates; b) applied or practice-based research activities developed over the last five years and considered to have the greatest impact on the candidate; c) the involvement in activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge developed over the last five years that promote the practice and scientific culture, considered of greater importance by the candidates and related to the positions now in competition.
10. The position in the contest is intended to carry out research activities and dissemination of knowledge as follows: In the ambit of the project POCI-01-0145-FEDER-030737, entitled "The impact of induced pluripotent stem cells-derived neuroepithelial stem cells transplantation in Machado-Joseph disease", carry out activities focused on the area of neural stem cell isolation, fibroblast reprogramming into induced-pluripotent stem cells, induction into neural stem cells and neuroepithelial stem cells, maintenance, differentiation and cellular patherning of stem cells, characterization of neural cultures, cerebellar stem cell transplantation and functional evaluation of transplanted cells and the impact of transplantation in the neuropathology and motor alterations in mice with MJD disease, with the aim of developing strategies based on neuroepithelial stem cells derived from induced pluripotent stem cells for cellular therapy of the central nervous system. The work plans should extend knowledge on these topics, thus reinforcing the activities and international presence of the CNC, should be aligned with the strategic plan of research for 2018-2022, as well as with the interests and dynamics of the research groups of the institution.
11. Specific evaluation criteria are:
11.1 - Coherence and quality of CV (C1) - 50%, evaluated based on an integrated vision of the candidate's scientific and curricular background and merit, taking into account the diversity of scientific indicators that are relevant to the candidate's position, such as books and book chapters, patents and journal articles and their metrics (including number of publications, number of citations and cumulative impact factor).
11.2 - Science and Leadership Management (C2) - 30% Evaluated by the candidate's performance in science management and leadership in funded scientific projects and research teams, namely in the field of stem cells transplantation for Machado-Joseph disease treatment.
11.3 - Participation in knowledge dissemination and exploitation activities (C3) - 10%, including the organization and active participation in courses and scientific meetings, as well as scientific orientation of Master's and PhD thesis and participation in thesis juries. 11.4 - Interview (C4) - 10% The final classification (CF) will be determined by the following formula: CF = 0.5 * C1 + 0.3 * C2 + 0.1 * C3 + 0.1 * C4
12. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions are not allowed. The Selection Jury reserves the right not to select any candidate if it is verified that none has the appropriate profile for the exercise of the functions. If the first one selected does not accept the position, the jury reserves the right not to hire the second classified.
14. Minutes of the meetings of the jury are drawn up, containing a summary of what has taken place in them, as well as the votes by each of the members and their reasons, and are available to candidates whenever requested.
15. After completing the application of the selection criteria, the jury will draw up an ordered list of the successful candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the maximum leader of the institution, which also decides on the hiring.
17. Formalization of applications:
17.1 - Applications are formalized by means of an application addressed to the President of the Jury, stating the reference of this call for proposals and the position to be applied for, full name, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or identification number civil status, tax number, date and place of birth, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
17.2 - Applicants must state clearly in their application what position they are applying for
17.3 - The application shall be accompanied by the documents proving the conditions set out in points 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of certificate or diploma; b) doctoral thesis; c) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in order to highlight the aspects indicated in points 10 and 11; d) Other documents relevant to the evaluation of the qualification in related scientific area; d) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (max. 1 page), according to point 10 of this announcement. 17.4 - The candidates present their applications and supporting documents by registered letter addressed to the President of the Jury for the address: Center for Neurosciences and Cell Biology, Human Resources Department, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1st Floor, University of Coimbra, 3004- 504 Coimbra, Portugal until the last day of the tender opening period, which is set at 30 working days after publication of this Notice (04/03/2019).
18. Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who do not prove the requirements of this call for proposals are excluded from admission to the competition. The jury has the power to require any candidate, in case of doubt, to present documents proving their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished in accordance with the law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list will be advertised in the respective institute, with the selected candidate notified by e-mail with delivery receipt of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After publication of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to pronounce. The jury's final decisions on these, to be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/, will be delivered within the next 2 working days, starting from the deadline for submitting complaints. Within a period of no more than 90 days from the deadline for submission of applications, the final decisions of the jury are given.
22. The present competition is exclusively intended to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expired with their respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, the disabled candidate has preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
25. Under RU 2016/679 04/27/2016 and Law No. 67/98 26/10 the personal data collected by the entity is only for recruitment. Personal data collected by the entity by means of this application are intended to assess whether candidates are suitable for the place requested and for the preliminary calculation of the remuneration, bonuses and perks of candidates who are admitted to the recruitment. The data entered in the application are essential data in the selection of candidates, which may affect the efficiency and the result of the respective application if the candidates do not provide them. The personal data of unsuitable candidates will be retained by the entity for a period of five years for subsequent recruitment. Requests for candidates may be transferred by the entity to its own premises or to consortium entities where there are job openings during the above period. Applicants shall enjoy, in accordance with the law, access and rectification rights. For the exercise of the right to access, they must submit, in writing, the request to the person in charge of the entity.
DATA PUBLICITAÇÃO: 22/01/2019