The Computer Science and Technology Center (Centro de Ciências e Tecnologias de Computação, CCTC) invites applications for four postdoctoral research positions in the areas of :
- Artificial Intelligence: Specific expertise is sought in Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence and the Law to strengthen CCTC's current work on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning; Machine Learning, Natural Computation and Evolutionary Intelligence;
- Computer Networks: Specific expertise is sought in network modeling, coding and security to contribute to emergent research on both wireless and unified communications;
- Computer Graphics: Specific expertise is sought in global lighting models, algorithms and techniques, shader programming, vision and augmented reality, 3D reconstruction, populated virtual environments and computational geometry to strengthen research within the global area of real time high quality rendering;
- Distributed Systems: Specific expertise is sought in distributed systems foundations and very large scale data management to expand current research on dependable distributed systems and data mining.
- Software Foundations: Specific expertise is sought in applied semantics, software analysis and transformation, formal verification, provable security and theory of programming languages as well as eager interest in formal foundations and a strong aptitude for projects with real-world potential.
CCTC is the University of Minho research unit in Informatics. The research activities cover a wide range of fundamental and applied research topics related to computer science and technology, organized into projects and with strong international partnerships. The knowledge and technology amassed in these projects are disseminated by means of scientific publication, prototype development, and preparation of new generations of young scientists.
The successful candidates will be involved in the existing research effort in the above fields that involves a close collaboration with other research teams at the University of Minho and other national universities. The main tasks will consist in initiating and collaborating with existing staff in research projects and supervise post-graduate students.
Applicants should possess a PhD in Computer Science or a related field, a high quality research record and preferably 3 years of post-doctoral research experience. The selection of any candidate with less than 3 years of post-doctoral experience must be justified and authorized by FCT.