Systems, Control, Optimization, Estimation, as well as, their application areas in Networked Systems, Advanced Production Systems, Power and Mobility, Health, and Resources Management.
Doctor degree in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science with a solid knowledge on Systems, Control, Estimation, Optimization and theoretical issues related areas from either Engineering, Computation or Applied Mathematics.
If the Doctor degree has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of the Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of august 16th, and any formalities established there must be fulfilled until the time of signing the contract.
Candidates with experience in international research projects, and in the preparation of R&D proposals, with a good mastery of the English language, as well as solid interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities are preferred.
R&D work specification:
· To carry out R&D activities in the assigned goals project associated with both theoretical and practical issues.
· To work closely with senior researchers and other colleagues in order to contribute to the advancement of the R&D activities of SYSTEC.
· To generate and display R&D results which contribute to excellence at the worldwide level, and maintain accurate and complete records of all findings.
· To promote the dissemination of the R&D results of his or her activities, and, thus, contribute, to the visibility of SYSTEC and the institutions associated with it.
· To produce R&D and dissemination articles as well as technical reports covering his or her activities in the SYSTEC unit according to its publication and dissemination strategy, as well as the reporting requirements of the pertinent research contracts.
· To collaborate with everyone working on the projects, attend group meetings, project meetings, relevant workshops and conferences as necessary.
· To perform occasional demonstrations of the labs' work to potential students and/or industrial and or academic collaborators.
· To observe and comply with all policies and regulations, including the key policies and procedures on Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, Data Protection, and other Regulations.
Applicable Legislation and Regulation:
Law nº. 40/2004 of August 18, modified by the Law-Decree n.º 202/2012, of August 27, and modified by the Law-Decree nº 233/2012, of October 29 and by the Law nº 12/2013 of January 29 and by the Law-Decree nº 89/2013 of July 09 (Statute of the Scientific Research Grantee); Current “Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia”, (FCT-Foundation for Science and Technology research grants regulation), (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2018.pdf) and “Regulamento de Bolsas da Universidade do Porto” (Porto University grants regulation).
The R&D activities will take place at SYSTEC facilities in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of FEUP - Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, under the scientific supervision of an Integrated Member (hps://systec.fe.up.pt/index.php/about-us/people/integrated-members) of the research unit SYSTEC, coordinated by Professor Fernando Lobo Pereira.
Duration and Contractual Conditions:
The R&D activities will be executed in a regimen of exclusivity and will start not earlier than February 2019, for the period of 6 (six) months, eventually renewable, but not exceeding the project duration. If the award procedure does not allow for the research grant to be attributed for the minimum number of three months (3) according to nº 2 of article 4 of Current “Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia”, (FCT-Foundation for Science and Technology research grants regulation), the research grant will not be awarded.
The base monthly net income is of € 1.495.00, as stipulated by FCT for BI grants with doctoral degree (BPD) in Portugal (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The payment will be executed via bank transfer.
Application Grading Method:
The applications of the candidates will be ranked according to their suitability to fulfill the key responsibilities underlying the R&D work specification:
(i) Curricular assessment of the candidate which includes the main achievements, the significance and quality of their scientific and technical production, as well as their ability to intervene efficiently and in an innovative manner to address challenges. Grading scale: 0-5
(ii) Suitability of the candidate profile to the position requirements. Grading scale: 0-5
(iii) Adequacy of the candidate to the R&D team dynamics. Grading scale: 0-5.
The weights assigned to these criteria are, respectively, 60%, 20% e 20%.
After the analysis of the submitted documentation, the Candidates Grading Committee request an interview with the best candidates, qualified in first three positions, in order to clarify issues deemed relevant for a fair decision. In this case, the curricular analysis has the weight of 70% and the interview has the weight of 30%.
Moreover, the Candidates Grading Committee reserves to itself the right to not hire anyone of candidates in case no candidate fulfils the stated requirements.
Composition of the Candidates Grading Committee:
President: Fernando Manuel Ferreira Lobo Pereira
Member: António Pedro Rodrigues Aguiar
Member: Adriano da Silva Carvalho
Substitute member: Fernando Arménio da Costa Castro e Fontes
Substitute member: Gil Manuel Gonçalves
Announcement of the Results:
The results of the selection process will be sent to the candidates by letter. Candidates therefore need to provide their full postal address in their application documents.
Period for Submission of the Applications:
Applications have to be submitted during the period of 25/02/2019 to 11/03/2019
The applications have to be submitted by email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com, indicating SYSTEC – 2 BPD, with following elements: Letter with the expression of interest and motivation, Curriculum Vitæ (including address, e-mail and telephone), at least two reference contacts that can provide reference letters, certification of qualifications, skills and competences, and, also, other documents that the candidate may deem a relevant too her/his application.