Recruitment of one PhD-holder researcher under project “SpreadSilencing - Blocking neurodegeneration by spreading of gene silencers” funded by national funds through FCT/MCTES and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Portuguese Operational Programme for Competitiveness and Internationalization, COMPETE 2020.
2. Applicable legislation: Hiring under Decree No. 57/2016, of August 29, as amended by Law 57/2017, which approves a stimulus mechanism for the recruitment of doctorates and promotes scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC), and the Portuguese Labour Law, approved by Law No. 7/2009, of February 12, in its current version.
3. The Jury has the following composition: João Ramalho-Santos (Chairman of the Jury; President of CNC); Carlos Duarte, Luís Pereira de Almeida, Ana Luísa Carvalho (alternate juror) and Cláudia Cavadas (alternate juror)
4. Workplace: Center of Neurosciences and Cell Biology, with its headquarters at the University of Coimbra, Polo I, and/or its research extensions at Polo III and UC-Biotech (in Cantanhede)
5. The monthly remuneration is €2.128,34 (gross salary, before taxes and deductions), corresponding to level 33 of the single remuneration table, approved by Administrative Rule No. 1553-C/2008, of December 31, as stipulated in the point a) of paragraph 1 of article 15 of the RJEC.
6. Applicants may be national, foreign and stateless candidates who hold a PhD degree in Pharmacy or related scientific area and a scientific and professional curriculum that shows an appropriate profile to the activity to be developed. If the doctorate degree has been granted by a foreign higher education institution, its recognition as a doctorate in Portugal is mandatory, in compliance with the provisions of the applicable law (vide (DL n. º 66/2018, August 16th; Portaria n. º 33/2019, January 25th) and any formalities there established must be fulfilled in due time and until the deadline of this call.
7. General admission requirements: - PhD in Pharmacy or a related area - Proficiency in the use of the Portuguese and English languages, spoken and written, at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
8. The selection is made through evaluation of the scientific and curricular path of the candidates and their performance in the interview.
9. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular path focuses on the relevance, quality and topicality of: a) the scientific and technological production of the candidate in the previous five years that he/she considers to be more relevant; b) the activities of applied or practice-based research developed over the previous five years and considered to have the greatest impact by the candidate; c) the activities, in which the candidate was involved in the previous 5 years, considered of greater importance by the candidate and related to the competing positions, of extension and dissemination of knowledge that promote the practice and scientific culture;
10. The purpose of the open position is to carry out research activities and dissemination of knowledge as follows in the context of the above referred project and focused on gene therapy, stem cells and gene editing, molecular cloning, viral vectors production, molecular therapy and viral vector based disease models, aiming to develop microRNA repressors for central nervous system gene therapy. The work plan should extend knowledge on these topics, in close alignment with the interests and dynamics of CNC research group Molecular Therapy of Brain Disorders and within the framework of the institutional strategic plan of research for 2018-2022
11. Specific evaluation criteria:
11.1 Coherence and quality of CV (C1) – 50%, evaluated based on an integrated vision of the candidate's scientific and curricular background and merit, taking into account the diversity of scientific indicators that are relevant to the candidate's position, namely work experience in gene therapy and stem cells, genediting and other topics mentioned in item 10 for the development of the project; prizes and awards, books and book chapters, patents and journal articles and their metrics (including number of publications, number of citations and cumulative impact factor), oral communications (selected or by invitation) in national and international meetings/conferences;
11.2 Internationalization and project participation (C2) – 30%, evaluated based on the candidate's, positions/stays in international laboratories, as well as participation in funded scientific projects and research teams and his/her experience in science management.
11.3 Participation in knowledge dissemination and exploitation activities (C3) – 10% Including the organization and active participation in courses and scientific meetings, as well as scientific orientation of Master's and PhD thesis. 11.4 Interview (C4) – 10% The final score (CF) will be calculated by the following formula: CF=0.5*C1+0.3*C2+0.1*C3+0.1*C4 12 12. The final score is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the established and published selection criteria, and abstentions are not allowed.
14. Minutes of the jury’s meetings are drawn up, reporting what has happen during the meetings as well as the votes casted by each of the jury members and their reasons, and will be made available to candidates upon request.
15. Following the application of the selection criteria, the jury will produce an ordered list of the successful candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the institution’s higher representative, which also decides on the hiring.
17 Formalizing the applications:
17.1 Applications are formalized by means of a written request addressed to the Chairman of the Jury, clearly indicating the reference of this call for the position in question, and stating the full name, affiliation, number and date of the Identity Card, Citizen Card or civil identification number, tax number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone number.
17.2 The application shall be accompanied by the documents proving the conditions set out in points 6 and 7 for admission to this call, namely: a) Copy of the degree certificate or diploma; b) Detailed Curriculum Vitae, structured to highlight the candidate’s information outlined in points 10 and 11; c) Other documents relevant to the evaluation of the desired qualifications (the proficiency in the use of the English and/or Portuguese language will be assessed based on the application documents and interview); d) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (max. 1 page), persuant to point 10 of this announcement;
17.3 The candidates must send their applications and supporting documents by registered letter addressed to the Chairman of the Jury and to the following address: Center for Neurosciences and Cell Biology, Human Resources Department, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1st Floor, University of Coimbra, 3004- 504 Coimbra, Portugal, until the deadline of the call, which is set at 30 working days after publication of this Notice 08/05/2019.
18. Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who do not prove to possess the necessary requirements for this call will be excluded from admission to the competition. In case of doubt, the jury has the power to request any candidate to present additional documentation proving their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished in accordance with the law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates and the final classification list will be displayed in the institution (CNC), with the selected candidate(s) notified by e-mail with delivery receipt of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After publication of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to pronounce themselves in preliminary hearing. The jury's final decisions on this, to be published on CNC's website (http://www.cnbc.pt/), will be delivered within the next 2 working days, starting from the deadline for the submission of complaints. Within a period of no more than 90 days from the deadline for submission of applications, the final decisions of the jury will be pronounced.
22. The present call is exclusively intended to fill the vacancies indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking lists of candidates and expired with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiated, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and union membership.
24 Under the terms of Decree-Law No. 29/2001, of February 3, the disabled candidate has preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare on the application form their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication/expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma
25 Under the RU 2016/679 04/27/2016 and the Law No. 67/98 26/10, the personal data collected by the entity is only for recruitment. Personal data collected by the entity by means of this application are intended to assess whether candidates are suitable for the application vacancies and for the preliminary calculation of the remuneration, bonuses and perks of candidates who are admitted to the recruitment. The data entered in the application are essential data in the selection of candidates, which may affect the efficiency and the result of the respective application if the candidates do not provide them. The personal data of unsuitable candidates will be retained by the entity for a period of five years for subsequent recruitment. Requests for candidates may be transferred by the entity to its own premises or to consortium entities where there are job openings during the above period. Applicants shall enjoy, in accordance with the law, access and rectification rights. For the exercise of the right to access, they must submit, in writing, the request to the person in charge of the entity.
Data publicação: 20/03/2019