2. Applicable Legislation Decree Law No. 57/2016, of 29th of August, which approved a regime of hiring of PhD holders to stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC). Labor Code, approved Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, under its current version. This position is financed by the Project “Transcriptional activity modulation in Alzheimer's disease by inhibitors of histone deacetylases”, reference: POCI-01-0145-FEDER-032316, financed by national funds through the FCT/MCTES and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), namely under the following frameworks: “Projetos de Desenvolvimento e Implementação de Infraestruturas de Investigação inseridas no RNIE”; “Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização – POCI”, “Programa Operacional Centro2020”, and/or State Budget.
3. The selection panel shall be: Chairman of the Jury: João Ramalho-Santos (President of CNC); Jury Members: Ana Cristina Carvalho Rego, Ildete Luisa Araújo Ferreira, Carlos Jorge Alves Miranda Bandeira Duarte and Cláudia Maria Fragão Pereira.
4. Place of work: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra-polo I, Coimbra, Portugal.
5. The monthly salary is set in accordance with the provisions in RJEC, article 15, no. 1, corresponding to level 33 of the single salary scale approved by Decree no. 1553-C/2008 of the 31st December, at 2,128.34 Euros gross.
6. Applicants may be Nationals, Foreign and Stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Life and Health Sciences, as defined in item #7. Applicant should hold a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. If the doctorate degree has been granted by a foreign higher education institution, its recognition as a doctorate in Portugal is mandatory, in compliance with the provisions of the applicable law (vide (DL n. º 66/2018, August 16th; Portaria n. º 33/2019, January 25th) and any formalities there established must be fulfilled in due time and until the deadline of this call.
7. General admission requirements: Ph.D. Degree in Biosciences, Biomedicine, Medical and Health Sciences, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry or related fields. Good knowledge of English (oral and written). Track record in Neuroscience. Candidates who also have expertise in Molecular and Cell Biology or Biochemistry techniques and hold a course on animal experimentation that grants him/her specific accreditation, e.g. FELASA category C, will be valued.
8. The selection is made through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular outputs of the candidates.
9. The selection of the PhD holder to be hired will be carried out by assessing the curriculum vitae of the candidates. In general terms, this evaluation will concern relevance and quality of the scientific and technological production of the candidate, as noted in the CV.
10. The position has been opened for the carrying out of tasks in the research project “Transcriptional activity modulation in Alzheimer's disease by inhibitors of histone deacetylases”, reference: POCI-01-0145-FEDER-032316, relevant to the research activities of the ‘Mitochondria & Neurodegenerative Disorders’ Group of the CNC, namely on the intracellular signaling processes involved in mitochondrial dysfunction, and associated neurodegeneration mechanisms, including oxidative stress, excitotoxicity and transcriptional dysregulation.
11. Evaluation is based on the scientific career of candidates. The evaluation of candidate CVs will focus on the scientific publication record, the scientific merit and proved research capabilities in the areas required for the position. Experience in cell culture, certificated competences in animal experimentation, cellular and molecular biology techniques, data analysis and scientific communication skills, as well as alignment with the profile of the researcher in the activity(ies) of the “Mitochondria & Neurodegenerative Disorders” lab of the CNC will be considered.
This evaluation will be carried out according to the following criteria:
11.1 Integrated assessment of the scientific trajectory of the candidate. The following items will be evaluated:
1) Consistency and quality of CV (CV)– 40 %; including experience in the fields required for the position.
2) Content and quality of the candidate’s scientific production, namely communications and publications in international journals (PC)– 50%. Items such as number and quality of publications (Impact Factor and Quartile of journals), and communications or citations, participation in projects as team member and student supervisions will be considered.
3) Interview (E) – 10%.
Final grade (CF) will be obtained using the following formula: CF = 0.4*CV + 0.5*PC +0.1*E
12. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
14. The panel meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever requested.
15. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the leader of the institution that is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
17. Formalization of the application:
17.1 Applications are formalized by sending a letter addressed to the President of the Jury, stating this announcement identification, full name, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or civil identification number and date, taxpayer ID number, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
17.2 The application shall include all support documents mentioned in sections 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of certificate or diploma; b) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with items 10 and 11; c) Other documents relevant for the evaluation, if deemed necessary by the candidate; d) contact of two references.
17.3 Applicants should send their applications by post, to the following address: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Human Resources Department, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1º Piso, University of Coimbra, 3004-504 Coimbra, Portugal. The mail must be registered, with notice of receipt, issued until the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 30 working days after publication of this call. (01/07/2019).
18. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished by law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted in the CNC webpage at http://www.cnbc.pt/, and the applicants will be notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After notification of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to respond. In the next 2 working days, counted from the deadline for submitting complaints, the final decisions of the jury shall be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/.
22. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, a candidate with disability has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
25. Under the terms of the RU 2016/679 27/04/2016 and Law nº 67/98 26/10 the personal data collected by the entity is for recruitment purposes only. Personal data collected by the entity by means of this application are intended to assess whether candidates are suitable for the place requested and for the preliminary calculation of the remuneration, bonuses and perks of the candidates who are admitted to the recruitment. The data entered in the application are essential data in the weighting of the selection of candidates, which may affect the efficiency and the result of the respective application if the candidates do not provide them. Personal data of unsuitable candidates will be retained by the entity for a period of five years for subsequent recruitment. Applications for candidates may be transferred by the entity to its own premises or to the entities of the consortium where there are job openings during the abovementioned period. Candidates shall enjoy, in accordance with the law, the rights of access and rectification. For the exercise of the right of access, they must submit the request in writing to the person in charge of the entity.
DATA PUBLICITAÇÃO: 16/05/2019