|Texto do anúncio
- General scientific field: Engineering
- Specific scientific field: Informatics and Computing Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Admission Requirements: Academic Master degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent 2nd cycle complete) in the area of in the area of Informatics and Computing Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Previous experience in: i) Image Processing; ii) Mobile development (Android and/or iOS); iii) Machine Learning techniques.
- Work Plan: The Grant Holder will perform research activities within the Intelligent Systems group, namely in the area of Image Processing. It is expected the candidate to contribute for the innovation area of decentralized health technology (for Ophtha, Derma or Micron portfolio items) or in Audit portfolio item.
4.1 Tasks: The grant holder will work on the following tasks:
· Research and implement image processing algorithms for segmentation or detection purposes;
· Research and implement machine learning / deep learning models for image classification;
· Deploy the developed models in mobile applications;
· Deliver summarized reports about the developed models and provide proper software documentation.
4.2. Objectives and expected results: Research and implement image processing algorithms for segmentation or detection purposes. Create and deploy the developed models in mobile applications and report the results.
- Candidate profile: The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English communication skills. Candidates with research experience in the development of image processing and machine learning algorithms are preferred. Experience in mobile development (Android and/or iOS) and Computer Vision with application in embedded systems is a plus. Interest in health or industry applications will be valued.
- Applicable law and regulation: Portuguese Statute of the Scientific Research Scholarship Holder [“Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica”], approved by Law no. 40/2004, of August 18, amended by Decree Law no. 202/2012, of August 27, Law no. 12/2013, of January 29 and Decree Law no. 89/2013, of July 9 (hereinafter referred to as the “Statute”), and the Research Scholarships’ Regulation of Associação Fraunhofer Portugal Research (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulation”).
- Place of work: Portugal AICOS, Porto, Portugal, under the scientific supervision of PhD Filipe Soares.
- Scholarship’s Duration and Regime: The scholarship shall have the duration of 12 months with estimated starting date on August, 19th, 2019, according to article 11 of the Regulation and article 3 of the Statute, under exclusivity regime, except for the exceptions expressly set out in nos. 3 and 4 of article 5 of the referred Statute.
- Amount of the monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to € 989,70, as per table of amounts of the scholarships of Associação Fraunhofer Portugal Research, (https://www.aicos.fraunhofer.pt/content/dam/portugal/en/documents/Editais/Anexo_II_Regulamento_de_Bolsas_FhP_Jan2019.pdf).
The payment of the scholarship shall be made on a monthly basis, by wire transfer.
- Selection Procedures: The selection procedures to be used shall be made on the basis of the following parameters: A – Average obtained in graduation Degree; B – Previous work experience; C – Curriculum evaluation in accordance with the objectives of the project.
The following percentage weighting shall be given to the selection parameters: 0,2 x A + 0,3 x B + 0,5 x C.
- Composition of the selection panel: Chairman: Doctor Ana Correia de Barros; Permanent Members: Doctor Maria João Vasconcelos and Doctor Filipe Soares.
- Publication/notification of the results: The final evaluation results shall be published in a list ordered by final score, posted in a visible and public place at Fraunhofer Portugal. The approved applicant shall be notified by e-mail.
- Opening period of the call: The call is open from 31-07-2019 to 30-08-2019.
- Documents and deadlines for application: Applications must be submitted by means of an application letter with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, required qualifications’ certificate and other evidencing documents deemed relevant.
Applications should be delivered during the call’s opening period either in person, from 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m., at Fraunhofer Portugal – AICOS’ reception; OR sent by registered mail with acknowledgement receipt to the address indicated below; or sent by e-mail with acknowledgement receipt to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org, in pdf format, until 11:59 p.m. of August 14, 2019.
Address for purposes of sending applications:
Fraunhofer Portugal - EDIFICIO CENTRAL
Rua Alfredo Allen, 455/461, 4200-135 Porto, Portugal