CALL FOR A POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER HIRING UNDER ARTCLE 19 FROM DECREE-LAW NR 57/2016, OF 29th AUGUST, ALTERED BY LAW NR 57/2017, OF 19th JULY
Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes (iMM João Lobo Antunes) opens a call for the hiring of a Postdoctoral Researcher under na Unifixed-term contract, with the funding support from Projeto de Investigação Científica e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico (IC&DT) Programa de Actividades Conjuntas – projeto n.º 016417 Oneida (Plataforma ómica para prevenção e controlo de infeções e de resistência aos antimicrobianos) - Sistema de Apoio à Investigação Científica e Tecnológica, financiado pelos Fundos Europeus Estruturais e de Investimento (FEEI) - Comissão Diretiva do Programa Operacional Regional de Lisboa e pelo Orçamento de Estado - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P.
· Decree-Law nr 57/2016, from 29th August, altered by Law nr 57/2017, from 19th July, that approves a Doctoral Hiring regime to stimulate Scientific and Technological Employment in all knowledge areas (RJEC).
· Portuguese Labor Law, approved by Law nr 7/2009, from 12th February in its current writing.
· Regulatory Decree Nr 11-A / 2017, of 29th December.
1. Work Plan Activities
· The candidate will be integrated in a team for the development of high throughput sequencing (HTS) data analysis pipelines for bacterial identification, antibiotic resistance, virulence factor detection and phylogenetic analysis and visualization incorporating other metadata
· Active participation in the development of new data analysis and visualization methods
· Data analysis of HTS for surveillance and outbreak characterization purposes
· Creation of user-friendly data analysis reports for the use in hospital settings by non-experts
· Phylogenetic and evolutionary analysis of HTS data for population structure analysis of major human pathogens
2. Members of the Jury: According to article nr 13 from RJEC, the jury is composed by Professors Mário Ramirez (President of the Jury and Responsible for the Project), João Carriço and Ana Friães (all PhD’s).
3. Start Date and workplace: The contract is expected to start in January 2020 and will remain only for the necessary execution period of the work plan; the activities will be developed in iMM installations and/or other necessary locations to their execution.
4. Monthly remuneration: Gross monthly Remuneration is 2.128,34€, in accordance with subsection a), section 1, article 15 from Law nr 57/2017, 19th July, correspondent to level 33 at Tabela Remuneratória Única, approved by Order nr 1553-C/2008, 31st December.
5. Profile of Candidate: Any National, foreign and stateless candidate(s) that holds the following requirements can apply:
· PhD in Microbiology, Biology, Health Sciences, Computer Science or related fields with emphasis in Bioinformatics data analysis;
· Knowledge of data analysis of High Throughput Sequencing data, namely de novo assembly and read mapping methods;
· Experience in High Performace Computing (HPC) cluster execution, using workflow managers;
· Previous experience in microbial bioinformatics data analysis;
· Experience in methods of phylogenetic and population analysis;
· Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams;
· Excellent knowledge of English.
NOTE: In the event the PhD degree was awarded by a foreigner higher institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law nr 66/2018, 18th August, and all formalities established there must be fulfilled by the application deadline.
6. Application process: The call is open from 18th October until 29th November 2019 (30 consecutive days), and the application documents (indicated below) should be sent, in PDF format, to Human Resources Office through the email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the Reference of the position (mandatory):
a) Motivation Letter in English;
b) Detailed CV;
c) PhD Certificate (Please see “NOTE” in “Profile of Candidate”);
d) Other documents that applicant may consider to be relevant to prove the scientific course (optional).
Note: The non-compliance with these requirements determines the immediate rejection of application.
6.1. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
6.2. iMM João Lobo Antunes promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
6.3. Pursuant to Decree-Law nr 29/2001 of 3rd February, disabled candidates shall be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, on their honour, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication / expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.
7. Evaluation criteria: The admitted applications will be evaluated taking into account the quality, timeliness and relevance of the scientific path (scientific production and research experience) and curriculum of each candidate (a) and their adequacy to the proposed work plan.
First phase: Curriculum Analysis (80%) and Motivation Letter (10%) - Based on the Curriculum, it will be analyzed qualitatively, and in what concerns to its content and relevance for the tasks to be performed, namely: executed and/or published scientific work, with special emphasis on areas related to the work plan (20%); research experience and relevant knowledge in the area of the proposed work plan as described in the candidate profile (60%). Based on the letter of motivation will be evaluated the motivation and interest for the activities to be performed (5%), command of the English language (5%).
Second stage: The jury will select for the interview (evaluation: 10%) the 5 candidates who obtained in the first phase the highest ranking, with a minimum of 40%, or the number of candidates, up to 5, who obtained in the first phase a minimum rating of 40%. In the event of a tie, the decision will be the responsibility of the chairman of the jury.
7.1. After evaluation of all admitted applications, the jury will write a meeting minute with all process of recruitment, evaluation and selection including an ordered short list of approved candidates and their respective classification.
7.2. The final decision of the jury shall be validated by the Head of the Institution, who is also in charge of deciding about the hiring.
8. Results: Both admitted and excluded candidates list and final classification list shall be posted at Av. Prof. Egas Moniz, Ed. Egas Moniz, 1649-028 Lisboa, at iMM website and al candidates will be notified by email.
9. Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: Pursuant to article 121 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after notified, all candidates have 10 working days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from application deadline.
Lisbon, 17th October 2019