INSTITUTO DE MEDICINA MOLECULAR JOÃO LOBO ANTUNES
Av. Professor Egas Moniz
Ed. Egas Moniz
Phone: +351 217 999 411
Fax: +351 217 999 412
CALL FOR A POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
Reference of Fellowship IMM/BPD/69-2019
The Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes (iMM João Lobo Antunes) opens a call for a Postdoctoral research fellowship with the funding support from Projeto de Investigação Científica e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico (IC&DT) Programa de Actividades Conjuntas – projeto n.º 016417 (PD2) “Oneida (Plataforma ómica para prevenção e controlo de infecções e de resistência aos antimicrobianos)” - Sistema de Apoio à Investigação Científica e Tecnológica, financiado pelos Fundos Europeus Estruturais e de Investimento (FEEI) - Comissão Diretiva do Programa Operacional Regional de Lisboa e pelo Orçamento de Estado - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P.
Work Plan and Goals
· The candidate will be integrated in a team for the development and use of high throughput sequencing (HTS) data analysis pipelines for bacterial identification, antibiotic resistance and virulence factor detection and phylogenetic analysis incorporating other metadata
· Participation in the development of new data analysis and visualization methods
· Data analysis of HTS for surveillance and outbreak characterization purposes in hospital and community settings
· Phylogenetic and evolutionary analysis of HTS data for population structure analysis of major human pathogens
Scientific Area: Bioinformatics / Microbiology
· PhD in Microbiology, Biology, Health Sciences, Computer Science or related fields with emphasis in Bioinformatics data analysis
· Knowledge of data analysis of High Throughput Sequencing data, namely de novo assembly and read mapping methods
· Preference for previous experience in microbial bioinformatics data analysis
· Autonomy, critical mind, sensibility and motivation to work in interdisciplinary teams
· A strong analytical profile, used to work by objectives and to fulfill deadlines
· Excellent domain of English
NOTE: In the event the PhD degree was awarded by a foreigner higher institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law nr 66/2018, 18th August, and all formalities established there must be fulfilled by applications deadline.
Duration of Fellowship: 6 (SIX) months on an exclusive basis, eventually renewable, not exceeding the eligible period of the project (predicted to end on 31st December 2019).
Law and Regulation: Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação (Lei n.º 40/2004, de 18 de Agosto, republished in attachment to Decreto-Lei n.º 202/2012, de 27 de Agosto), current Regulation of Fellowships of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Career By-Law and Assessment Regulation of iMM João Lobo Antunes.
The iMM João Lobo Antunes undertakes to ensure compliance with the principles of non-discrimination and equality and to that extent, provides that no candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty due in particular ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic status, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnic origin or race, place of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and trade union membership.
Predicted Start Date: December 2019
Work Place and Scientific Orientation: The work will be developed at MRAMIREZ Lab, under the supervision of Professor Mário Ramirez.
Fellow Monitoring Centre: The monitoring centre works on Tuesday (09:00AM to 01:00PM / 02:00PM to 06:00PM) and Thursday (02:00PM to 06:00PM), at Human Resources of iMM João Lobo Antunes.
Monthly Remuneration: 1.509,80€ according to the values defined directly by FCT Regulation Fellowship in force (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The amount will be paid through bank transfer, at the end of the month.
Necessary Documents for Applications: - Motivation Letter; - Recommendation Letter (Optional); - Detailed CV; - PhD certificate (Please see the “NOTE” in the “Candidate Profile”).