Av. Professor Egas Moniz
Ed. Egas Moniz
Phone: +351 217 999 411
Fax: +351 217 999 412
CALL FOR ONE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Reference of Fellowship IMM/BI/72-2019
The Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes (iMM João Lobo Antunes) opens a call for one Research Fellowship with the funding support from Projeto de Investigação Científica e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico (IC&DT) Programa de Actividades Conjuntas – projeto n.º 016417 (PD2) “Oneida (Plataforma ómica para prevenção e controlo de infecções e de resistência aos antimicrobianos)” - Sistema de Apoio à Investigação Científica e Tecnológica, financiado pelos Fundos Europeus Estruturais e de Investimento (FEEI) - Comissão Diretiva do Programa Operacional Regional de Lisboa e pelo Orçamento de Estado - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P.
Work Plan and Goals
· Analysis of bacterial strains isolated from Human infections
· Confirmation of the species identification and determination of the susceptibility to antimicrobials using both qualitative and quantitative methods
· Phenotypic typing of bacterial isolates (e.g. serotyping)
· Preparation of DNA for high throughput sequencing
· Analysis of DNA sequences, including phylogenetic analysis.
Scientific Area: Microbiology, Clinical Microbiology
· Degree in Microbiology, Health Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry or related areas with an average final grade of the degree of 14 or above.
· Masters in Microbiology, Applied Microbiology, Medical Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry or related areas with an average final grade of the Master degree of 16 or above.
· Professional or academic experience in the area of the project.
· Capacity to work in interdisciplinary teams.
NOTE: In the event the MSc degree was awarded by a foreigner higher institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law nr 66/2018, 18th August, and all formalities established there must be fulfilled by applications deadline.
Duration of Fellowships: 6 (six) months on an exclusive basis, eventually renewable, not exceeding the eligible period of the project (predicted to end on 31st December 2020).
Law and Regulation: Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação (Lei n.º 40/2004, de 18 de Agosto, republished in attachment to Decreto-Lei n.º 202/2012, de 27 de Agosto), current Regulation of Fellowships of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Career By-Law and Assessment Regulation of iMM João Lobo Antunes.
The iMM João Lobo Antunes undertakes to ensure compliance with the principles of non-discrimination and equality and to that extent, provides that no candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty due in particular ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic status, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnic origin or race, place of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and trade union membership.
Predicted Start Date: December 2019
WorkPlace and Scientific Orientation: The work will be developed at MRAMIREZ Lab, under the supervision of Professor Mário Ramirez.
Fellow Monitoring Centre: The monitoring centre works on Tuesday (09:00AM to 01:00PM / 02:00PM to 06:00PM) and Thursday (02:00PM to 06:00PM), at Human Resources of iMM João Lobo Antunes.
Monthly Remuneration: 989,70€ according to the values defined directly by FCT Regulation Fellowship in force (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The amount will be paid through bank transfer, at the end of the month.
Necessary Documents for Applications: - Motivation Letter; - Recommendation Letter (Optional); - Detailed CV; - BSc and Master degree certificates.