INSTITUTO DE MEDICINA MOLECULAR JOÃO LOBO ANTUNES
Av. Professor Egas Moniz
Ed. Egas Moniz
Phone: +351 217 999 411
Fax: +351 217 999 412
CALL FOR ONE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Reference of Fellowship IMM/BI/71-2019
The Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes (iMM João Lobo Antunes) opens a call for one Research Fellowship for Master degree funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT/PIDDAC), under the project PTDC/CCI-BIO/29676/2017 - “Ferramentas para ana´lise filogene´tica em larga escala” (NGHPHYLO).
Work Plan and Goals
· The candidate will be integrated in a multi-disciplinary team for the development and use of phylogenetic data analysis and visualization methodologies for high throughput sequencing (HTS) data
· Participation in the development of new data analysis and visualization methods for phylogenetic and evolutionary analysis of HTS data for population structure analysis of major human pathogens
· Evaluation of current methodologies for phylogenetic inference for the analysis of thousands to hundreds of thousands of microbial strains
· Collaborate on the creation of user-friendly interfaces for the usage methods developed
Scientific Area: Genomics, Bioinformatics
· Msc in Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Biology, Health Sciences, Computer Science Biochemistry or related fields with emphasis in Bioinformatics data analysis
· Knowledge of data analysis of High Throughput Sequencing data, namely de novo assembly and read mapping methods
· Good Knowledge of Python programming
· Previous experience or knowledge of High Performance Computation concepts
· Previous experience in microbial bioinformatics data analysis
· Capacity to work in interdisciplinary teams
· Good knowledge of English
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event the Master degree was awarded by a foreigner higher institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law nr 66/2018, 18th August, and all formalities established there must be fulfilled by applications deadline.
Duration of Fellowships: 6 (six) months on an exclusive basis, eventually renewable, not exceeding the eligible period of the project.
Law and Regulation: Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação (Lei n.º 40/2004, de 18 de Agosto, republished in attachment to Decreto-Lei n.º 202/2012, de 27 de Agosto), current Regulation of Fellowships of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia Career By-Law and Assessement Regulation of iMM João Lobo Antunes.
The iMM João Lobo Antunes undertakes to ensure compliance with the principles of non-discrimination and equality and to that extent, provides that no candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty due in particular ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic status, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnic origin or race, place of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and trade union membership.
Predicted Start Date: December 2019
WorkPlace and Scientific Orientation: The work will be developed at MRAMIREZ Lab, under the supervision of Professor Mário Ramirez.
Fellow Monitoring Centre: The monitoring centre works on Tuesday (09:00AM to 01:00PM / 02:00PM to 06:00PM) and Thursday (02:00PM to 06:00PM), at Human Resources of iMM João Lobo Antunes.
Monthly Remuneration: 989,70€ according to the values defined directly by FCT Regulation Fellowship in force (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The amount will be paid through bank transfer, at the end of the month.
Necessary Documents for Applications: - Motivation Letter; - Recommendation Letter (Optional); - Detailed CV; - Master certificate.