Research field: Chemical Sciences
Admission requirements: Master of Science (MSc) degree (or integrated master´s) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related areas;
Preference for research experience in line with the activities to be developed;
Candidates with final classification of the bachelor and master’s degrees (or of the integrated maters) of at least 14/20 points;
Master’s degree completed after 31st December 2016.
Activity Outline: Studies (principally, experimental) of chemical reactions leading to bioproducts derived from natural raw materials. Use of analytical techniques as chromatography. Kinetic studies using catalysts. Use of spectroscopic techniques for characterization of compounds possessing transition metals.
Legislation and regulations: Law no. 40/2004, of 18 August (Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow) in the wording in force on the date of the entry into force of Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of 28 August, in light of the transitional rule of article 4. Of the latter law; Foundation for Science and Technology Research Fellowship Regulations (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2018.pdf) and the University of Aveiro Science Research Fellowships Regulation - Regulation No. 341/2011, published in Diário da República, 2nd Series, No. 98, of May 20th. ”
Workplace: The work will be carried out at CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials, University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Anabela Valente (Principal Investigator, CICECO, University of Aveiro), Martyn Pillinger (Principal Investigator, CICECO, University of Aveiro) and Patrícia Neves (Investigator, CICECO, University of Aveiro).
Duration and scope of activity: The fellowship will have a duration of 6 months on an exclusivity basis, that may be extendable to up to 20 months, and is expected to begin in January 2020.
Value of monthly maintenance allowance: 989.70 Euros/month (tax free) according to the official table for Research Grants from FCT - http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores, to be paid monthly via bank transfer.
Evaluation Criteria and Process: The selection will be based on a curricular evaluation (100%), considering: achievements and curricular evaluation of the candidate (including motivation letter), and adequation of the candidate´s profile to the position requisites and activities to be developed.
The jury may require interviews with up to three of the best candidates, in which case the interview will count 35% and the remaining factors indicated above will count 65% of the final mark.
In case none of the applicants fulfill satisfactorily the indicated requisites, no contract will be celebrated.
The final results of the evaluation will be communicated by e-mail.
Jury: The jury responsible for the evaluation process is composed by: Anabela Valente (Principal Investigator, CICECO, University of Aveiro), Martyn Pillinger (Principal Investigator, CICECO, University of Aveiro), and Patrícia Neves (Post-Doctoral Associate, CICECO, University of Aveiro).
· Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed, indicating all relevant information and a description of previous activities in scientific projects;
· Copy of identity card or passport;
· Copy of the certificate (indicating the final classification) of the master´s degree or integrated master´s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related areas;
· Copy of the certificate (indicating the final classification) of the bachelor’s degree (if applicable);
· Application/motivation letter.
The application (in English or Portuguese language) and copies of all documents must be sent as attachment files, by e-mail to Anabela Valente (firstname.lastname@example.org), and it must be indicated in the subject of the e-mail the following information: "Grant BI-MSc - Project 030075”.
Call Start and Finish Dates: 12th November 2019 to 28th December 2019.