|1. Descrição do cargo/posição/bolsa
1. Job description
Main research field:
Sub research field:
Notice No 10124/2020, published as follows, is in the Diário da República, 2nd grade, no. 130, of July 7, 2020, p. 149, referring to the procedure
recruitment and selection of doctorate for the exercise of research activity
scientific research at the University of Minho:
Paragraph 6.1(a) reads:
'Grade completed 5 or less years ago;'
'Grade completed 10 years or less ago;'
Paragraph 7.2, which reads:
'Applicants submit the application and supporting documents, in digital media, pdf format, mandatorily, electronically, to the address email@example.com,
by the deadline for submitting applications set out in this notice, indicating in the subject the "Ref.CTTI -40/20 -NIPEE (1)".'
'Applicants submit the application and supporting documents, in digital media, pdf format, mandatorily, electronically, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, by the deadline for submitting applications set out in this notice, indicating in the subject the
"Ref.CTTI -40/20 -NIPEE (1)".'
Paragraph 16 reads:
'This opening notice was approved by the Competition Jury at its meeting of 17/03/2020, minutes of the meeting adopted therein in a draft.'
'This notice, approved by the competition jury at its meeting of 23 July 2020,
corrects and replaces in full the notice that, with the same reference, was advertised by the Notice 10124/2020, published in the Diário da República, 2nd grade, no. 130, of 7 July 2020. All applications received in the meantime following the publication of that notice will be examined
in the context of the concursal procedure to which this notice relates.
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE OPENING OF AN INTERNATIONAL SELECTION TENDER PROCEDURE FOR THE HIRING OF 1 DOCTORATE UNDER THE LEGAL REGIME OF SCIENTIFIC
EMPLOYMENT Ref. CTTI-40/20-NIPE (1)
1. Doctor Rui Manuel Costa Vieira de Castro, Professor and Rector of Universidade do Minho, in the use of own competence, in accordance with the provisions of subsection d) of section 1 of article 92 of Law no. 62/2007,
from 10 September and subsection d) of section1 of article 37 of the Statutes of the University of Minho, approved by Normative Order no. 13/2017, published in the Diário da República [Official Journal of the Portuguese Republic], 2nd series, no. 183, of 21 of September, makes it known that, for a period of thirty business days from the business
day immediately after the date on which this announcement is published, an international selection tender is open for recruitment in the form of an unfixed term contract under the Labour Code, of 1 (one) doctoral position for the exercise of scientific research activities in the scientific area of Economics, with a view to the development of research
activities at the Centre for Research in Economics and Management.
2. Applicable Legislation: This tender shall be governed by the Decree No. 57/2016, of 29th of August, amended by Law No. 57/2017 of 19 July, which approved a regime of hiring of doctorates to stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC), by Labour Code, approved Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, under its
current version and other applicable laws and regulations.
3. This tender is open under the Agreement Program celebrated with the Foundation for Science and Technology in September 4th 2018, with the reference nº CEECINST/00157/2018, amended on January 23rd 2020, under the Institutional Support Procedure.
4. Place of Work: The work placement is located in the School of Economics and Management of the University of
Minho, at the Campus of Gualtar, Braga – Portugal.
5. Monthly salary: The remuneration to be attributed is of 3.201,40 Euros, provided by the 1st position corresponding to the level 195 of the Scientific Research Career, in exclusive dedication regime.6. Eligibility Criteria: Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) who hold a doctoral degree in Economics or other related scientific area and holders of a scientific and professional whose profile is suitable with the indicated cansubmit their application
6.1. For the purpose of determining the profile appropriate to the activity to be developed, the following requirements are:
a) Degree completed 10 years ago or less;
b) At least two scientific papers, in the specific areas of the competition, published or submitted, in international scientific journals indexed in the Journal of Citation reports.
c) Oral and written command of the English language.
7. Formalization of the applications: The applications are formalized through a message addressed to the
Chairman of the Jury.
7.1. The application shall be accompanied by documents proving the conditions laid down in points 6, 6.1 and 11.3:
a) Copy of certificate or degree diploma;
b) Detailed curriculum vitae structured according to the items in point 11;
c) Document, integrated in the curriculum vitae, indicating the candidate’s identifiers in scientific
publication indexing services, namely “ORCID iD”, “Scopus Author ID” and “Researcher ID”;
d) Motivation Letter;
e) 2 Letters of Recommendation: one from the doctoral supervisor and another from other academic
qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant's eligibility; the letters should be sent directly
by the reviewers to email@example.com;
f) Copy of the 2 most relevant papers, selected by the candidate as most representative of his/her
contribution to the advance of the Economics research area;
g) Summary of the research project (maximum 2 A4 pages);
h) Any other documents that the applicant considers relevant, namely for the assessment of the information
referred to in section 2 of article 5 of the RJEC.
7.2. The candidates submit the application and supporting documents, in PDF format, obligatorily, by electronic means, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, by the deadline for submission of applications defined in this notice, indicating in “Subject” the “Refª CTTI-40/20-NIPE (1)”.
7.3. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
8. Members of the Jury: The selection jury, approved at the meeting of the Scientific Council of 18/03/2020,
has the following composition, according to article 13 of the RJEC:
a) Chairman: Linda Rosa Fonseca Gonçalves Veiga, Professor at the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho.
b) Effective Member: Odd Rune Straume, Professor at the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho;
c) Effective Member: Luís Francisco Gomes Dias Aguiar-Conraria, Professor at the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho.
d) Substitute Member: Rosa Branca Silva Vilas-Boas Esteves, Associate Professor at the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho
e) Substitute Member: Priscila Andrea Marques Ferreira, Assistant Professor at the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho.
9. Rules of operation of the Jury: The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
9.1. The jury meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever
10. Admission and exclusion: Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or do not prove the admission requirements required in points 6 and 6.1 and formalized in points 7 and 7.1 are excluded. The jury has the power to require any candidate, in case of doubt, to present documents proving their statements.
10.1. The exclusion decision shall be notified to the applicants by email for preliminary hearing to the interested parties.
10.2. After the deadline for the exercise of the right of hearing of the interested parties, the jury appreciates the allegations offered and, if it maintains the exclusion decision, notifies the excluded candidates by email with delivery receipt, beginning the application of the selection methods to admitted candidates.
11. Method and evaluation criteria: The selection methods are the Scientific and Curricular Trajectory Assessment (SCTA) and a Public Presentation Session (PPS).
11.1.The evaluation of the scientific and curricular trajectory focuses on relevance, quality and timeliness:
i. Of the scientific and technological production of the last five years considered more relevant by the candidate;
ii. From applied or practice-based research activities developed over the last five years and considered to be of greatest impact by the candidate;
iii. The activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge developed in the last five years, namely in the context of the promotion of culture and scientific practices considered by the candidate to be more
iv. From the activities of managing science, technology and innovation programs, or from experience in the observation and monitoring of the scientific and technological system or higher education, in Portugal
11.2. The period of five years referred to in the preceding paragraph may be increased by the jury, at the request of the candidate, when justified on grounds of suspension of scientific activity for socially protected reasons,
namely for reasons of parental leave, prolonged serious illness, and other situations of unavailability for work legally protected.
11.3. Scientific and Curricular Trajectory Assessment (SCTA):
a) The following parameters and evaluation criteria are considered:
AQ - Academic Qualifications Assessment of the candidate’s area of study: Ph.D. in Economics, AQ = 5 points; Ph.D. in related scientific
fields, AQ = 3 points;
STP - Scientific and Technological Production
The evaluation of the relevance, quality and timeliness of the scientific course. Evaluation of the scientific production (SP) of the last five years. The classification of the scientific production is obtained
by the formula: SP = 0,6QE + 0,4QA.
Quantitative evaluation (QE): publications in Economics or related journals indexed in the Journal of Citation reports, QE = up to 5 points; other publications, namely Working Papers, in Economics
or related fields, QE = up to 3 points.
Qualitative Assessment (QA): candidates must provide copies of up to 2 articles/publications that they consider most relevant, QA= up to 5 points.
REMA - Research, Extension and Management Activities
The activities of applied or practice-based research, as well as extension and management, developed during the last five years, are evaluated. This parameter includes:(i) participation in R & D projects and services, in the area of preference;
(ii) participation in international research networks, in the field of Economics, proved by joint papers
or research documents;
(iii) participation in activities of science management and dissemination of knowledge, including the organization of conferences, symposia and scientific cooperation activities. Activities in the field
of Economics, REMA = up to 5 points; activities in related fields, REMA = up to 3 points; activities in other fields, REMA = 0 points.
ML - Motivation Letter
For this evaluation the candidate must present the Motivation Letter describing the relevance of the scientific trajectory to the profile and his/her personal career goals: ML = up to 5 points.
RP - Research Project
The candidate must submit a Research Project, with a maximum of two pages, describing his/her area of research and the relevance of the proposed research activities for the Centre for Research in
Economics and Management. RP = up to 5 points.
b) The final classification of the APCC is obtained by the following formula: STCA = 0.25AQ + 0.2STP +
0.15REMA + 0.1ML + 0.3RP.
11.4.The classification obtained in the Evaluation Parameters is expressed in the numerical scale of 0 to 5 points.
11.5.The classification of each candidate is obtained by the average of the classifications of each one of the elements of the jury. In the event of a tie, the decision of the tiebreaker shall rest with the chairman of the
11.6.For candidates with a Scientific and Curricular Trajectory Assessment (SCTA) equal to or greater than 3 points the evaluation process includes a Public Presentation Session (PPS). The Public Presentation Session
will be classified in a scale of 0 to 5 points, in order to obtain explanations about the curricular elements and additional information, as well as to evaluate the attitude profile and the motivation of the candidate.
11.7.Candidates with an absolute merit score lower than the one provided in the previous point are considered immediately excluded.
11.8.In the Public Presentation Session (PPS), with a maximum duration of 60 minutes, the following parameters and criteria will be applied: attitude and critical sense (ACS), motivation of the candidate (M) and global
assessment (GA), represented in the formula PPS = 0.3ACS + 0.3M + 0.4GA, expressed on the numerical scale of 0 to 5 points.
11.9.The classification obtained in the parameters defined in point 11.8, of each one of the members of the jury,
is expressed in the numerical scale of 0 to 5 points, considered up to the first decimal place.
11.10. The position may only be awarded to candidates whose final grade, calculated as the weighted average
between APCC (90%) and ENT (10%), is equal or higher than 3.5 points.
12. Order of candidates: The order of the candidates must be based on the evaluation made according to the evaluation criteria contained in this announcement.
12.1. After completion of the application of the evaluation criteria, the jury will draw up an orderly list of successful candidates with their classification.
12.2. The final classification of the candidates is expressed in the numerical scale of 0 to 5 points, being the classification obtained through the weighted average.
13. Participation of interested parties and decision: The final ordering project is notified to the candidates, by email with receipt of delivery of the notification, to pronounce for the purpose of preliminary hearing to the interested parties, pursuant to article 121 and following of the Code of Administrative Procedure.
13.1. At the hearing of the interested parties, the jury appreciates the allegations offered and approves the final ordering list of the successful candidates. Within 90 days, from the deadline for submission of applications, the final decisions of the jury are given.
13.2. The final decision of the jury is approved by the Rector of the Universidade do Minho that also decides on the hiring.
14. Publication of results: The list of admitted and excluded candidates, as well as the final ranking list of the
successful candidates are publicized on the University of Minho's website, and the candidates are notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
15. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the indicated vacancies and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the jobs on offer.
16. This announcement, approved by the selection jury at its meeting of 23/07/2020, corrects and fully replaces the announcement with the same reference advertised in the Notice nº 10124/2020, published in the Diário da República, 2nd series, nº130, of 7 of July. All the applications received in response to the previous announcement will be analyzed under the tender procedure to which the current announcement applies.
17. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The University of Minho actively promotes a policy of nondiscrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any
right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and
trade union membership.
17.1. Pursuant to section h) of article 9 of the Constitution of the Portuguese Republic, the Public Administration, as an employer, actively promotes a policy of equal opportunities for men and women in accessing
employment and professional advancement, scrupulously any form of discrimination.
18. The selection of the candidates to be hired will be conditional, with the corresponding labour contracts being executed depending on the availability of the budget and corresponding funding under the aforementioned legislation and the regulations and rules established by the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT).
The Rector, Professor Doctor Rui Vieira de Castro
Dear Rector of Universidade do Minho
Name (…), birthdate (…), VAT Nº. (…), identification card no. (…),address (…), Postal code (…), Mobile Phone no. (…), email address (…), literary abilities (…), hereby requests that you kindly accept my application for the international competition for recruitment in the form of an uncertain term contract under the Labor Code and Decree-Law No. 57/2016 of 29 August, as amended by Law no. 57/2017, of 19 July, of 1 doctoral positions in the scientific areas of "Agricultural Biotechnology and Food Biotechnology ", according to a notice published in the Diário da República no.
__, 2nd series, of __/__/__, with Ref. CTTI-34/20-CEB(1).
Further declares that it agrees to receive by email the communications and notifications resulting from the present selection tender procedure.
Find attached the following documents: xxx
(Place and date)
|Type of contract:
Information not available
Universidade do Minho
28 Outubro 2020
(The Application's deadline must be confirmed on the Job Description)
|2. Dados de contactos da
2. Organization contact data
Universidade do Minho -Serviços de Recursos Humanos
Largo do Paço
|3. Habilitações académicas
3. Required education Level
|4. Línguas exigidas
4. Required languages
|5. Experiência exigida em
5. Required research experience