2. Applicable Legislation Decree No. 57/2016, of 29th of August, altered by the 57/2017 law. Labor Code, approved Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, under its current version. Contract is according to the collaboration agreement signed between the Fundació Bancària Caixa d'Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona, "la Caixa" and Centro de Neurociências e Biologia Celular in 2020, corresponding to the project entitled “Potassium channel dysfunction in models of neurodevelopmental disorders” awarded in the Health Research Call 2020.
3. The selection panel will have the following composition: Luís Pereira de Almeida (Chairman of the jury, President of CNC); Ana Luísa Carvalho (juror), Paulo Pinheiro (juror) and Carlos Duarte (alternate juror).
4. Place of work: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, (Coimbra, Portugal).
5. The monthly salary is set in accordance with the provisions in RJEC, article 15, no. 1, corresponding to the remuneration level 33 of the Single Remuneration Table (TRU) approved by Decree no. 1553-C/2008 of the 31st December, at 2.134,73 Euros gross.
6. Applicants may be Nationals, Foreign and Stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Biological Sciences, and related fields. Applicant should hold a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
7. General admission requirements:
- PhD Degree in Biological Sciences and related fields.
8. The selection of the PhD holder to be hired will be carried out through assessing the academic and curricular path of the candidates for the Position in question. In general terms, this evaluation will concern relevance, quality and state of the art of a) the scientific production considered more relevant by the candidate, with an emphasis in the past 5 years; b) the activities of applied research considered more relevant by the candidate; c) the involvement in activities of extension and knowledge dissemination which promote the practice and scientific culture, considered more relevant by the candidates and related with the position.
9. This position is designed to carry out a plan of research activities and knowledge dissemination detailed below:
Position on the scope of the project HR20-00904, entitled “MStar – Potassium channel dysfunction in models of neurodevelopmental disorders”, including activities focused on using human neuronal models and mice expressing disease-related human mutations to investigate mechanisms of regulation of M-channels, and whether these mechanisms are disturbed in models of disease, leading to increased seizure susceptibility. Therapies to ameliorate the epileptic phenotype will also be tested.
10. Specific evaluation criteria:
10.1 – Consistency and quality of the CV (C1) – 45%,
Evaluation based on an integrated perspective of the path and scientific and curricular merit of the candidate, considering the diversity of scientific indicators relevant for the position, such as books, book chapters, patents and scientific papers in journals and respective metrics (including number of publications, number of citations and accumulated impact factor), selected or invited communications in national and international conferences; laboratorial experience relevant for the scientific project (in particular experience in electrophysiology and imaging methods); international internships and prizes; knowledge of English (oral and written); to hold an animal experimentation course, accredited by DGAV (Direcção Geral de Alimentação e Veterinária) for the performance of procedures in animals.
10.2 – Science Management and leadership (C2) - 15%,
Evaluated by the performance of the candidate in science management, involvement and leadership in financed scientific projects and research teams.
10.3 – Participation in activities of dissemination and exploration of knowledge (C3) – 10%,
Including the organization and active participation in courses and scientific meetings, activities of science communication, scientific supervision of students, master and PhD theses and participation in theses jury.
10.4 - Interview (C4) – 30%
The final classification (FC) will be determined by the following equation: FC = 0,45*C1 + 0,15*C2 + 0,1*C3+0,3*C4
11. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
12. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
13. The panel meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever requested.
14. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification.
15. The final decision of the jury is approved by the leader of the institution that is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
16. Formalization of the applications:
16.1. Applications are formalized by sending a letter addressed to the President of the Jury, stating this announcement and position identification, full name, parents’ names, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or civil identification number and date, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
16.2. Applicant must clearly state to which position they are applying to.
16.3. The application shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of Doctorate certificate or diploma and animal experimentation course (if applicable); b) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with item 10; c) Other documents relevant for the evaluation of the qualification in related scientific area (English language levels will be evaluated taking into account the documents sent by the applicant as well as in the interview); d) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (max. 1 page), according to item 10 of this announcement.
16.4. Applicants should send their applications and documents by e-mail, directed to the Human Resources at CNC-Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra (firstname.lastname@example.org), until the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 30 working days after this publication (15/02/2021)
17. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
18. False statements by candidates shall be punished by law.
19. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted in the institute and the selected applicants will be notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
20. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After notification of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to respond. In the following 2 working days, counted from the deadline for submitting complaints, the final decisions of the jury about these shall be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/. In the 90 days following the the deadline for application submission, the final decision of the jury shall be published.
21. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
22. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
23. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, the candidate with disability has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
24. In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (RGPD) and Law no. 58/2019 of 8 August, the person responsible for the processing of personal data of the candidates collected under this tender procedure is the Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC). The CNC ensures that personal data collected on a physical or digital medium, and whatever its nature, is handled responsibly for recruitment purposes only, through appropriate policies and measures to prevent access and misuse or misuse. possible intrusions, minimizing risks and contributing to their security. The CNC does not provide or allow access to personal data by third parties except for the purpose of fulfilling duly justified legal obligations. The personal data collected will be kept for a maximum of 6 months, counting from the end of the legal retention period provided for the procedure. At any time, the interested party may contact the CNC at email@example.com to request information about the processing of personal data or to exercise the legally established rights.
PUBLICATION DATE: 05/01/2021