1 Research Fellowship
1 Research Fellowship(s) (BI) is(are) open at the FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, for the project/R&D institution NEUROBIOAI - Artificial intelligencebased neuroimaging biomarkers for the diagnosis of neuropsychiatric illnesses, DSAIPA/DS/0065/2018, financed by national funds by FCT / MCTES (PIDDAC) under the programme Data Science and Artificial Inteligence in Public Administration - 2018, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Data Science, Artificial intelligence, Statistics, Neuroimaging
2. Requirements for admission: 1) MSc in Engineering, Data Science, Statistics or similar fields, with a component in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, or Neuroimaging. 2) Students enrolled in a PhD or masters enrolled in a non-degree course (NOTE: Enrolment is now open at the Fcaulty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon until the 15th of January 2020 https://ciencias.ulisboa.pt/en/doctoral-programmes; if a non-Portuguese university, proof of residence in Portugal needs to be presented at date of contract).
3. Additional optional skills and qualifications: Previous experience in statistical data analysis (preferentially neuroimaging data) with machine learning, pattern recognition, use of programming language (preferentially python), and scientific writing in these themes.
4. Work plan: Participation in an academic-clinical-enterpreneurial joint-venture envolving: 1) Statistical analysis of magntic ressonance imaging data with a range of pattern recognition and machine learning methods, in a translational (medtech, digital medicine) and innovative study aiming at the development of a software biomarker for the diferential, quantitative and objective diagnosis of neurodegenerative illnesses, for clinical use, in a team of engineers and neuroscientists; with Portuguese and UK hospital data. 2) User-experience test and clinical usefulness trial of the said software with medical teams in portuguese hospitals. 3) Work to be done in highly interdisciplinar and international lab: dpratalab.wordpress.com, and in a collaboration with start-up company NeuroPsyAI, Ltd: neuropsycad.com.
5. Legislation framework: Research Fellowship Holder Statute, in accordance with Law 40/2004, of 18 August, in its current version and the FCT Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships, in its current version (Reg. 950/2019 published in DR on 16th December: https://dre.pt/application/file/a/127230968, or at the FCT website: https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt), and FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation, as approved on 12th May 2020 (available at Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação Científica da FCiências.ID).
6. Place of work: The work will be developed at the Institute of Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering of the Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa under the scientific supervision of Professor Diana Prata.
7. Fellowship duration: This position is initially opened for 6 months and will begin on February (flexible) of 2021. The fellowship contract may be potentially renewed for until the end of the project months, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation of Research Fellowships from the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P.
8. Monthly allowance: The fellowship amounts to € 1 074,64, tax free, according to table values of the fellowships awarded directly by the FCT, IP. The fellowship holder will have a personal accident insurance and can ensure the right to social security through adherence to the voluntary social insurance scheme, if not covered by any other social protection scheme, pursuant to Código dos Regimes Contributivos do Sistema Previdencial de Segurança Social.
The fellowship will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
9. Evaluation and selection process: Candidates will be assessed by the quality of their CV 50% and Interview (30%) and recommendation from referees (20%).
10. Selection Committee: Diana Prata (president of jury), Nuno Matela (1st member of jury), Joaquim Reis (2nd member of jury) e Hugo Ferreira (substitute)
11. Publication/notification of results: All the candidates will be notified by e-mail, sent by the call holder, with the selection meeting minutes enclosed.
12. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 29/01/21 to 26/02/2021 .
13. Application: Applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, by attaching the following documents:
a. Curriculum vitae;
b. Certificate of completion of previous degree;
c. Proof of registration in the study cycle that confers the requested degree in this call;
d. Contact details or letter of recommendation from 2-4 references
14. Time limits for the appeal procedure: In case of negative decision, the candidates have 10 business days, after the date of announcement of the results of the candidates evaluation, to pronounce their disagreement in accordance with the Código do Procedimento Administrativo. Appeals against the final decision may be submitted to the Administration Board of FCiências.ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 15 business days after the notification date
Note 1: The documents that prove the entitlement of the academic qualifications and diplomas, or the proof of registration in the academic degree or diploma requested on the call, can be dismissed during the application period and replaced by a declaration on their honour from the applicant. Their delivery is mandatory during the fellowship contractualization.
NOTE 2: Please note that - higher education degrees and diplomas awarded by foreign higher education institutions need to be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, pursuant to the Decree-Law nr. 66/2018 (August 16) and the Ministerial Order nr. 33/2019 (January 25). The presentation of the recognition certificate is mandatory for contract signature. More information can be obtained at: https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-and-diploma-recognition.