Call for awarding 2 Scientific Initiation Fellowships
Two (2) Scientific Initiation Fellowships are available with Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, in the exploratory research project of the FCT2015 Researcher Program, Ref. IF/00322/2015, “Engineering controlled motion of chemically active microswimmers”, financed by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P. (FCT)/MCTES, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Physics
2. Mandatory Requirement for admission: Registration for the first time in Bachelor´s or Integrated Master´s Program in Physics or related field.
3. Work Plan:
Successful candidates will use analytical methods as well as efficient numerical simulations to study i) the dynamics of a single microswimmer in the vicinity of chemically structured surfaces; ii) non-equilibrium assembly of active particles at the presence of one confining wall.
4. Legislation framework: Law No. 40/2004, of August 18th, as amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of August 27th, by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of October 29th, by Law No. 12/2013, of January 29th, and by Decree-Law No. 89/2013 of July 9th and Lisbon University Fellowships Regulation, published by Order (extract) No. 6977/2015 of June 23th (https://dre.pt/application/file/67564222).
5. Place of work: The work will be developed at the Centro de Física Teórica e Computacional, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa.
6. Scientific supervision: Dr. Mykola Tasinkevych.
7. Fellowships duration: These fellowships are opened for 3 (three) months, renewable until a maximum period of 6 (six) months, which includes the first period. It is expected to begin in January 2018.
8. Monthly allowance: The fellowships amount to € 385,00 (three hundred and eighty five euros), according to Lisbon University Fellowships Regulation (https://dre.pt/application/file/67564222). It will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
9. Selection criteria: Candidates will be assessed based on their CV and personal interview. Only candidates with scores higher than 75% in the CV evaluation will be considered.
The interview will be conducted to the top 5 candidates. The final classification will be the arithmetic average of CV assessment (50%) and interview (50%).
10. Selection Committee: Dr. Mykola Tasinkevych (President), Prof. Dr. Margarida Telo da Gama (1st Effective Member), Prof. Dr. Nuno Miguel Azevedo Machado de Araújo (2nd Effective Member), Prof. Dr. Cristóvão Dias (1st Alternate Member) and Prof. Dr. José Maria Castro Tavares (2nd Alternate member).
11. Publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will become public, through a final grade ordered list which will be posted at the entrance hall of Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, C4 bdg, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa.
All applicants will be notified of the results of the evaluation to the email address used for sending the respective application, or by post to the applicant’s address.
12. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 12th to 26th December 2017.
13. Application: Application may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “BIC-MICROSWIMMERS”, or personally, during office hours (9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.), at the office address of Núcleo de Expediente da Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Edifício C5, piso 1, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa, until the deadline, by attaching the following documents:
- In the case of being Portuguese citizen, copy of identification document (ID or citizen card);
- In the case of not being Portuguese citizen, copy of identification document (ID card or passport) as well as residence authorization, permanent residence authorization or long-term resident status, if applicable;
- If you agree to be notified for your post address, please send obligatorily the declaration annexed to this Notice;
- Official document proving registration in Bachelor´s or Integrated Master´s Program in Physics or related field;
- Declaration, dated and signed by the candidate, that he/she had never been registered in another institution of Higher Education, in any Bachelor Degree or Integrated Master;
- Curriculum Vitae, detailed and updated, stating obligatorily the full candidate’s address;
- Document of employment status, indicating the nature of the bond and functions; this document can be replaced by a declaration under honor commitment if there is any professional activity or the provision of services;
- Cover letter;
- Optionally, letters of recommendation.