The successful candidates will integrate the on-going research work at the host Centre of Management Studies of Instituto Superior Técnico (CEG-IST) and will conduct research in the field of Engineering, Economics and Management, namely in the areas of Decision & Information, Economics & Finance, Operations & Logistics, Strategy & Organizations and Sustainable Development. Research at CEG-IST in these areas has been focusing upon:
· Decision and Information: Development, enhancement & integration of methodologies, tools and practices in decision analysis and conferencing, behavioural decision-making, information systems, problem structuring methods, multi-objective and ordinal classification problems, risk analysis, project management, resource allocation, socio-technical approaches in engineering and decision making in health systems.
· Economics and Finance: Development of methodologies in the areas of investment & risk analysis, industrial organization and policy, assessment of engineering, labour economics, industrial organization, firms’ mergers, technology roles in economic growth & development, and health economics.
· Operations and Logistics: Development of novel models and methodologies in the areas of design, planning & scheduling of production systems; supply chains management, operations sustainability, stochastic simulation and forecasting.
· Strategy and Organizations: Development and enhancement of methodologies in organizational strategy & behaviour, marketing management, strategic management & development of tourism, strategy and technology, project finance & risk management and operational concepts of knowledge, technology and capital.
· Sustainable Development: Integrating the three pillars of sustainability (territory, economics and ecology) and to develop the methods and applications in the areas of strategic environment assessment, of innovation in territorial management and of governance towards sustainability.
The candidates will carry out research of international standards in these research areas, and are expected to contribute to current research projects, to create new research projects as well as to support activities of scientific supervision and training. Candidates should have the ability to develop research activity within a multidisciplinary environment while using management science methods, and are expected to strengthen different areas of CEG-IST and to foster collaborative research with CEG-IST members and with international research networks. The working language is English.
Qualifications and Experience required
Applicants should hold a PhD in Engineering, Management, Economics or in related fields. Should have a strong publication record in a relevant field of research and provide evidence of the ability to work independently and to effectively participate in inter-disciplinary and international projects. Applicants should display evidence of significant scientific accomplishments and of experience in developing solutions to real world problems using management science methods. 3 years of post-doctoral research experience are preferably required. The successful candidates are expected to carry out research in the areas listed above.
Successful candidates should propose, after adjustment to the new environment, their innovative research projects in agreement with the nature of the on-going research. Will be motivated to work in a multidisciplinary environment, where their own ideas and initiatives will be encouraged. Candidates are expected to master the English language but the language of communication could be English or Portuguese.
The successful candidates will receive a salary in accordance with the university regulations for a senior researcher. The contract offered will have duration of up to 5 years, renewed yearly based on mutual agreement. The annual gross income, before taxes, will be approximately 3.101,87 Euros x 14 months.
The successful candidate will celebrate a contract with IST- Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST).
Evaluation and Selection
The applications should be addressed to the E-mail to email@example.com. Applications should include:
- Covering letter
- Identification of the candidate
- Curriculum Vitae/resume
- Letters of Reference
- Statement of purpose for the period of the contract
- Copy of main publications
- Brief research plan proposal for the period of the contract
The jury will made up of 3 members: 1 member from IST, 1 member from outside IST and one member from a foreign university working in the field of Engineering, Economics and Management. In the selection of candidates, the jury will consider the CV of the candidates and the capability of candidates to strengthen different areas of CEG-IST and to foster collaborative research with CEG-IST members and with international research networks.
The Instituto Superior Técnico is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer: www.ist.utl.pt.