JOB ANNOUNCEMENT N. º 4/2018
Vacancy for 1 Research Fellowship
In order to develop the full set of scientific activities of the research project ROCK - Regeneration and Optimization of Cultural heritage in creative and Knowledge cities, we hereby announce a research fellowship position, to be funded by the project’s Horizon 2020 financial framework, under the coordination, at the Institute for Social Sciences of the University of Lisbon (ICS ULisboa), of Doctor Chiara Pussetti.
1 – Relevant legislation: Portuguese Law 40/2004, of 18th of August and DL n.202/2012 of 27th of August, the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia fellowship regulation, the Instituto de Ciências Sociais da Universidade de Lisboa regulation and the University of Lisbon regulation.
2 – National Coordination: Doctor Chiara Pussetti.
3 – Duration of Scholarship: 6 months, renewable for periods of equal or different duration until 30 April 2020.
4 – Scholarship monthly value and payment method: €980, monthly paid, in live with FCT (http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.pt) scholarship payment’s framework, personal accident insurance and voluntary social insurance.
5 – Host Institution: Institute for Social Sciences of the University of Lisbon.
6 – Tasks to be developed: the research fellow will be performing management and research-supporting tasks within the Project ROCK, with a special focus on: a) collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, undertaking of interviews and ethnographic work; b) supporting the activities and objectives related with the project; c) supporting the preparation, presentation and dissemination of the project’s reports and scientific papers; d) supporting the organization of seminars, conferences and other dissemination events.
7 – Number of scholarships to allocate: One
8 – Admission requirements
a) Masters in Sociology, Anthropology, Human Geography, Political Science or other discipline with emphasis on Urban and Cultural Studies;
a) Previous research experience with qualitative methodologies, including fieldwork experience (ethnographies, interviews, focus groups etc.);
b) Excellent language skills and knowledge of English and Portuguese (conversation, reading and writing);
c) Immediate availability.
a) Previous experience working as a member of a research team and good team working skills;
b) Interest in, scientific publications or communications held in congresses in the broad thematic area of Urban and Cultural Studies;
c) Previous fieldwork experience in urban contexts in the city of Lisbon.
9 – Public announcement and deadline for applications: This advertisement and the further particulars to this post will be posted in the website of ICS-ULisboa and in the Eracareers portal. Applications should be sent by 26th February 2018.
10 – Application: All applications must include a copy of the degree diploma and the certificates or authenticated copies of academic qualifications as well as a copy of the identification documents (e.g.passport, citizen card, etc.).
11 – Evaluation and Selection: The evaluation and selection procedure for the doctoral scholarship will be carried out by a jury of ICS-ULisboa researchers, Dr. Ana Nunes de Almeida, Dr. João Mourato and presided by Dr. Chiara Pussetti, Lead Investigator at ICS-ULisboa of ROCK - (Regeneration and Optimization of Cultural heritage in creative and Knowledge cities). The evaluation and selection panel will produce a classification order according to the following criteria:
CV evaluation: 40%
Motivation letter: 20%
Excellent language skills and knowledge of English and Portuguese (conversation, reading and writing): 20%
The selection jury may however decide not to proceed to the interview stage. In that case, the CV evaluation will account for 70% of the final score, and the motivation letter for the remaining 30%.
12 – Submission of applications: Formal applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com quoting reference: “Concurso de Bolsas de Investigação n. º 4/2018”. The required documentation should be annexed to the application in digital format (pdf or word). Alternatively, paper applications can be sent to Instituto de Ciências Sociais da Universidade de Lisboa, Avenida Professor Aníbal de Bettencourt, 9 – 1600-189 Lisboa, Portugal, quoting the reference above on the envelope.
13 – Information on the Institute of Social Science ICS-ULisboa are available at: http://www.ics.ul.pt/
14 – Information on the project are available at: https://rockproject.eu
Inquiries about the position can be made to the national coordinator: Chiara Pussetti (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lisbon, 9th February 2018
Research Professor José Luís Cardoso