3. The selection panel shall be: Chairman of the Jury: João Ramalho-Santos (President of CNC); Jury Members: Bruno Manadas, Mário Grãos, Ricardo Pires, Isaura Simões (deputy), John Jones (deputy).
4. Place of work: UC-Biotech (at Cantanhede), research unit of Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, headquartered at University of Coimbra, Polo I
5. The monthly salary is set in accordance with the provisions in RJEC, article 15, no. 1, corresponding to level 33 of the single salary scale approved by Decree no. 1553-C/2008 of the 31st December, at 2,128.34 Euros gross.
6. Applicants may be Nationals, Foreign and Stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Biosciences, Medical and Health Sciences and/or Engineering and Technology, and related fields. Applicant should hold a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
7. General admission requirements:
Degree of Doctor in Biosciences, Medical and Health Sciences
Excellent track record in his/her research area.
Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
8. The selection is made through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path of the candidates.
9. The selection of the PhD holder to be hired will be carried out through assessing the academic and curricular vitae of the candidates. In general terms, this evaluation will concern relevance, quality and state of the art: a) of the scientific and technological production considered more relevant by the candidate; b) of the activities regarding the extension and dissemination
10. The tender has been opened for the Position described in the following paragraphs;
10.1. This position is designed to carry out a plan of research activities of the project “Monitor_HIE” and includes the development and application of methodologies to evaluate the proteome changes in different biological conditions by using SWATH-MS.
11. The scientific and curricular career are target of evaluation criteria. The evaluation of the CV of the candidates, in particular the content of the scientific publication, the scientific merit and research capacity in the project area will be made according to the following criteria:
11.1 Integrated assessment of the curriculum trajectory of the candidate, based on an overview of his / her scientific and communication merits - 90% in total. The following items will be herein evaluated:
1) consistency and quality of CV – 10 %;
2) Quality and content of the scientific publications in journals related with the field - 10% (including number of publications, number of citations, and accumulated impact factor with at least 20 (twenty) publications (paper and book chapters) in the area of proteomics by LC-MS/MS of which at least 10 (ten) in secretome evaluation)
3) Deep knowledge of the following capacities: experience in LC-MSMS and SWATH-MS, namelly using the chromatographic systems Ultimate 3000, Shimadzu Nexera, Eksigent nanoLC and Eksigent ultraLC 110; and mass spectrometers 4000 QTRAP and Triple TOF 5600/6600; LC-MS control software (Analyst, Chromeleon, Eksigent, Shimadzu);data processing using Multiquant, PeakView, MarkerView, MasterView, ProteinPilot, SPSS and GraphPad Prism; supervisor experience; member of research team of at least 4 (four) funded projects from competitive tenders, experience in international oral presentations, experience in organizing international events, excellent English knowledge, knowledge on cell biology techniques as cell culture, viability/cell death assays, western-blot, protein quantification, confocal microscopy. – 70 %;
11.2 – Interview – 10%
12. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
14. The panel meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever requested.
15. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the leader of the institution that is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
17. Formalization of the applications:
17.1 Applications are formalized by sending a letter addressed to the President of the Jury, stating this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or civil identification number and date, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
17.2. Applicant must clearly state to which position they are applying to.
17.3 The application shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of certificate or diploma; B) Doctorate thesis; C) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with items 10 and 11; D) Other documents relevant for the evaluation of the qualification in related scientific area; E) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (max. 1 page), according to item 10 of this announcement.
17.4 Applicants should send their applications by post, to the address Centro de Neurociências e Biologia Celular, Departamento de Recursos Humanos, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1º Piso, Universidade de Coimbra, 3004-504 Coimbra, Portugal. The mail must be registered, with notice of receipt, issued until the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 30 working days after publication of this call. (07/08/2018).
18. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished by law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted in CNC’s webpage at http://www.cnbc.pt/, and the applicants will be notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After notification of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to respond. In the next 2 working days, counted from the deadline for submitting complaints, the final decisions of the jury shall be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/.
22. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, the candidate with disability has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
25. Under the terms of the RU 2016/679 27/04/2016 and Law nº 67/98 26/10 the personal data collected by the entity is for recruitment purposes only. Personal data collected by the entity by means of this application are intended to assess whether candidates are suitable for the place requested and for the preliminary calculation of the remuneration, bonuses and perks of the candidates who are admitted to the recruitment. The data entered in the application are essential data in the weighting of the selection of candidates, which may affect the efficiency and the result of the respective application if the candidates do not provide them. Personal data of unsuitable candidates will be retained by the entity for a period of five years for subsequent recruitment. Applications for candidates may be transferred by the entity to its own premises or to the entities of the consortium where there are job openings during the abovementioned period. Candidates shall enjoy, in accordance with the law, the rights of access and rectification. For the exercise of the right of access, they must submit the request in writing to the person in charge of the entity.