1. António Carreto Fidalgo, full professor and Rector of the University of Beira Interior, hereby informs that, for a fixed-term of a period of twenty working days counting the day immediately following the date on which this notice is published, is open the international selection competition for 1 (one) researcher position for the exercise in the area of Economics or Management at the University of Beira Interior, in a fixed term public service work contract regime with the duration of three years, in a research project that examines the impact of different social and economic conditions of rural and urban areas in the effectiveness of microcredit, using behavioral nudges, to evaluate the microcredit programs and, provide recommendations to define the best public policies in the context of international networks of entrepreneurship and, promote the connections between rural and urban areas.
2. Applicable Legislation: Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 august, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, of 19 July, which approved the doctorate hiring regime destined to stimulate scientific and technological employment for all knowledge areas (RJEC).
General Public Service Labour Law (LTFP), approved in annex to Law n.º35/2014, of 20 June, under its current working.
3. Pursuant to article 16 of Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 august, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, of 19 July, this tender procedure shall be exempt from the authorization given by the Government members in charge for Finances and Public Administration, namely the authorization mentioned on article 7 (3) of LTFP; and from obtaining a prior favourable opinion from said Government members, mentioned on article 30 (5) of LTFP, and the recruitment process for workers in a requalification position, mentioned on article 265 of LTFP.
4. Pursuant to article 13 of RJEC, the tender selection panel shall be formed by:
President: Doctor Ana Paula Bernardino Matias Gama, Assistant Professor at University of Beira Interior
Doctor José Ramos Pires Manso, retired Full Professor at University of Beira Interior
Doctor Mário António Gomes Augusto, Associate Professor at University of Coimbra;
Doctor Anabela do Rosário Leitão Dinis, Assistant Professor at University of Beira Interior.
5. Workplace shall be University of Beira Interior.
6. Monthly remuneration to be paid is the remuneration set by number 1, subparagraph a) of the article 15 of Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 august, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, corresponding to level 33 of the Single Salary Table, approved by Order nº 1553-C/2008 of December 31st, i.e. 2 128,34 euros.
7. Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) who hold a doctorate degree in Economics or Management, or related scientific area and a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activity to be performed can submit their applications. In the event the doctorate degree was awared by a foreign higher education institute, said degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law nº 341/2007 of 12 October, and all formalities established therein must be complied with at the application deadline.
Special admission requirements:
a) Hold a doctoral degree in Economics or Management;
b) To have a strong background in the research project area, namely in the behavioural and experimental economics, specifically in the using behavioural nudges;
c) To have experience in programming, particularly using the software STATA;
d) To have experience in collect and treatment of data from financial databases;
e) To have participated as a member of research teams of scientific projects in the area related to the project.
8. General tender admission requirements are those set by article 17 of LTFP and special requirements set by the previous section.
9. Pursuant to article 5 of RJEC, selection is to be made based on candidate scientific and curricular career evaluation.
10. Scientific and curricular career evaluation focuses on relevance, quality and up-to-dateness:
a) of scientific, technology, cultural or artistic production in the last five years, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
b) of research activities, applied or based on practical work, developed in the last five years, deemed most impactful by the candidate;
c) of knowledge extension and dissemination activities developed in the last five years, namely under the scope of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
d) of the activities of management of science, technology and innovation programmes, or the experience in observing and technological, or higher education, system in Portugal.
11. The five-years period mentioned above can be extended by the panel, if requested by the candidate, whenever the suspension of scientific activities is reasoned by socially protected grounds like paternity leave, long-term serious illness, and other legal situations of unavailability to work.
12. Evaluation criteria are the following:
C1) Integrated evaluation of the scientific production of the candidate in the last five years:
- relevant experience in the scientific area of the project mentioned in point 1;
- compliance with the specific admission requirements listed in point 7;
- participation in scientific projects related to the current project;
- the relevance of work and publication in the project area.
C2) Evaluation of applied or practice-based research activities developed over the last five years and considered to have more impact by the candidate:
- application of nudges in behavioural area;
- knowledge in the field of econometric methods;
- the design and implementation of surveys.
C3) Evaluation of the knowledge extension and dissemination activities, developed in the last five years: - organization of scientific events;
- participation as a speaker in scientific events;
- experience in coordination of scientific dissemination activities for different audiences;
- entrepreneurship behaviour in promoting and developing activities aiming for the provision of goods or services to society;
- have fluent English (written and speaking).
C4) Interview with the candidates, where the members of the jury stimulate an open debate on the content and innovative nature of the project.
The weight of each defined sub criteria will be as follows:
C1 = 40%; C2=40%; C3 = 10%, and C4 = 10%.
The final classification (CF) shall be determined by the following formula:
CF = 40%*C1+40%*C2+10%*C3+ 10%*C4.
13. Candidate final classification system shall be given based on a scale 0 (zero) to 20 (twenty).
14. The panel shall deliberate by means of roll-call vote justified under adopted and disclosed selection criteria, with no abstentions allowed.
15. Minutes of panel meetings shall be executed and shall include a summary of all occurrences of said meeting, as well as of all votes casted by members and respective reasoning, and shall be provided to candidates whenever required.
16. After selection criteria application, the panel shall prepare a sorted list of approved candidates and respective classification.
17. Panel’s final decision shall be validated by the leader of the institution, who is also in charge of deciding about the hiring.
18. Application formalization:
18.1. Applications are formalized upon application file, made available at the e-mail address of University of Beira Interior, sent to the Panel President, including announcement identification, full name, parents names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
18.2. Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 7 and 8 for tender admission, namely:
a) Certificate or diploma copy;
b) Doctorate thesis;
c) Curriculum vitae, detailed and structured pursuant to sections 10 and 12;
d) Other documentation relevant for the evaluation of qualification in a related scientific area;
e) Other documentation
18.3. Candidates shall submit their application files and supporting documentation, preferably in a digital form, in PDF format, via email to email@example.com, in person at Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, Estrada do Sineiro, s/N, 6200-209 Covilhã, Portugal, during working hours, or by mail to said address. When submitted by mail, applications must be sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt sent until the last day of application deadline, which is hereby set as the period of 20 working days after the publication of this Announcement.
19. All candidates who formalise their application in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
20. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
21. Both admitted and excluded candidate list and final classification list shall be posted at installations of Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, published in the website of UBI, and all candidates shall be notified by email with delivery receipt.
22. Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: Pursuant to article 121 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after notified, all candidates have 10 working days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from application deadline.
23. This tender is exclusively destined to fill this specify vacancy and can be terminated at any time until approval of final candidate list, expiring with the respective occupation of said vacancy.
24. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The University of Beira Interior actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
25. Pursuant to Decree-Law nº 29/2001 of 3 February, disable candidates shall be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, on their honour, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication/expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.