NEW DEADLINE (28th July 2019)
ANNOUNCEMENT REF. CD PTDC/BII-BTI/32375/2017 FOR AN OPENING OF AN INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR RECRUITMENT OF A PHD RESERCHER
1. At a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, it was decided to open an international call for one PhD position to carry out scientific research activities, on an exclusive dedication basis, in the area of Biological Sciences at the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência (IGC). Oeiras, Portugal, within an undefined term contract of employment under the Labor Code, with the purpose of filling one position within the scope of project nº PTDC/BII-BTI/32375/2017, entitled “OPenT & MULTIMODAL MESOSCOPIC IMAGING”, funded by national funds through FCT/MCTES (PIDDAC), with the following work plan: Integration of hardware and software, optimization of acquisition plugins and development of imaging pipelines for correlative multimodal 3D imaging.
Scienfic Area: Biological Sciences
2. Applicable legislation
• Labor Code, approved Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, in its current version.
• Law no. 57/2016, of August 29, approving authorization to contract PhD holders to stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC), subsequently amended by Law No. 57/2017, of 19 July.
• Regulatory Decree No. 11-A / 2017 of December 29.
3. In accordance with Article 13 of RJEC, tender selection panel will be as follows:
President: Gabriel G Martins; Vogal: Nuno Moreno e Moises Mallo. Substitute Vogal: Jorge Carneiro.
4. The place of work is located at the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, at Rua da Quinta Grande nº6, Oeiras, Portugal.
5. The monthly gross remuneration to be attributed is according to paragraph 3 of article 23 of the RJEC, corresponding to the 38th level of the single remuneration table (TRU), approved by Portaria no. 1553-C/ 2008, December 31, amounting to 2,385.80 Euros.
6. Applicants to this call can be national, foreign and stateless candidates who hold a doctoral degree in biology, physics, engineering or similar and have a scientific and professional curriculum that demonstrates an adequate profile for the activity to be developed. If the doctorate degree was awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16 and of the Regulatory Ordinance No. 33/2019, of January 25, and all formalities established therein must be complied with at the stage of signing the contract. In case the doctorate degree of the selected candidate does not comply with the Decree-Law above mentioned including all its formalities, the Jury reserves the right to select the next candidate.
8. Pursuant to Article 5 of REJC, the selection is to be made based on the candidate’s scientific and curricular evaluation and on the relevance, quality and timeliness of scientific production of the last five years considered most relevant by the candidate.
9. The five-year period mentioned above can be extended by the panel, if requested by the candidate, when justified on grounds of suspension of scientific activity for socially protected reasons, such as parental leave, prolonged serious illness, and other situations of unavailability for work that is legally protected.
10. Evaluation criteria: Applications will be evaluated according to the analysis of the documents presented - Curriculum (60%), motivation letter (15%), references (15%) and interview, if considered necessary by the jury, of the selected candidates (10%). The Interview, when applicable, will focus on the research outcomes of the candidate.
11. The deliberation is done through the nominal vote of the Jury according eligibility and selection procedures. No abstention is allowed. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0-100
12. Minutes of the panel meeting should be drawn up to include a summary of all occurrences of the said meeting, as well as all votes cast by the members with the respective justification together with an ordered list of approved candidates with their respective classification. These minutes should be made available to candidates whenever requested.
13. The final decision of the jury should be validated by the institutional leader who also decides on the recruitment.
14. Application formalisation:
14.1. A written request should be addressed to the Director of the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência with the subject "CD PTDC/BII-BTI/32375/2017" sent to the email email@example.com. This must include the following information concerning the applicant: announcement identification, full name, number and date of validity of the Identity Card or passport, tax identification number, date and place of birth, contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
14.2. Applications should include support documents (PDF format) and proof of the conditions laid down in above points for admission to this call, mainly:
a) Copy of certificate or doctoral diploma referring its conclusion date;
b) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with above items and a brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years
c) Other documents relevant to the evaluation of qualifications in the related scientific area;
14.3. The deadline for the applications submission of this announcement, is hereby set at the period of 10 work days after publication of this announcement (application period: 1st of July 2019 until 12 th of July 2019).
- 12.07.2019 - New deadline - applications accepted until the 28th July 2019
15. All candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who fail to provide the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request further documentation to support candidate statements.
16. False statements by candidates shall be punished by the law.
17. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list will be published on the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência internet site http://www.igc.gulbenkian.pt . The candidates will be notified by e-mail with receipt of delivery of the notification.
18. The final decisions of the panel are pronounced within 90 days from the deadline of the submission of the applications. After notification, candidates have 10 working days to respond.
19. This tender is exclusively destined to fill this specific vacancy and can be terminated at any time until the approval of the final candidate list, expiring with the respective occupation of the said vacancy.
20. The contract of employment of undefined termination resulting from this vacancy, will expire due to the supervening, absolute and definitive impossibility of being given continuity if its respective funding is terminated without prejudice to the communication of its termination to the worker, in accordance with the provisions of article 345 of the Labor Code.
21. Non-discrimination and equal access policy:
The Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefitted, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, education, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is the controller responsible for the processing of Personal Data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Regulation on Data Protection).
The personal data processed in the scope of this tender procedure is processed within the framework of said tender procedure only, and will be processed by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation with the purpose of verifying the fulfillment, by the candidates, of the assumptions established in the applicable legislation for their contracting. Opposition to the processing of the data by the candidates will make it impossible to accept the application and, therefore, to analyze and evaluate it.
The personal data of the Data Subject, if it be indispensable for the fulfillment of the obligations of Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, may be conveyed to third parties, namely the Financing Entities identified in this announcement.
The data shall be retained for a period of five years pursuant to Article 32 (1) of the Labor Code.
The Data Subject is entitled to oppose the collection and processing of data, has the right to verification, the right to rectification, the right to deletion, and the right to restriction of processing of the data collected. However, the exercise of such rights may be excluded when the personal data is used to protect public interest, namely in the detection and prevention of crimes or when subject to professional rules of confidentiality.
The Data Subject has the right of access and portability of the data.
The exercise of aforementioned rights must be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Committee of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, through the postal address Avenida de Berna 45-A, 1067-001 Lisbon.
The applicant also has the right to submit a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission or other competent control authority in accordance with the law if he considers that his data are not being processed in accordance with European and/or national legislation applicable.
The exercise of the aforementioned rights must be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Committee of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, via email email@example.com or, alternatively, through the postal address Avenida de Berna 45-A, 1067-001 Lisboa .
The applicant also has the right to submit a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission or other competent control authority in accordance with the law if he considers that his data are not being processed in accordance with European and / or national legislation applicable.
23. Pursuant to D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, disabled candidates have preference in an equal classification situation, which supersedes any legal preference. Candidates must declare, on their honor, on their application form during the selection period under the regulations above, their respective disability degree, the type of disability and the communication/expression means to be used.