3. The selection panel shall be: Chairman of the Jury: João Ramalho-Santos (Presidente do CNC); Jury Members: Cláudia Cavadas, Ana Rita Álvaro; and Alexandrina Mendes (alternate jury members)
4. Place of work: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Portugal, in its research extensions at Polo I, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1º Piso; University of Coimbra, 3004-504 Coimbra.
5. The monthly salary is set in accordance with the provisions in RJEC, article 15, no. 1, corresponding to level 33 of the single salary scale approved by Decree no. 1553-C/2008 of the 31st December, at 2,128.34 Euros gross.
6. Applicants may be Nationals, Foreign and Stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Biosciences, Biomedicine, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Genetics, Medicine or related fields. If the doctorate degree has been granted by a foreign higher education institution, its recognition as a doctorate in Portugal is mandatory, in compliance with the provisions of the applicable law (vide (DL n. º 66/2018, August 16th; Portaria n. º 33/2019, January 25th) and any formalities there established must be fulfilled in due time and until the deadline of this call.
7. General admission requirements:
Ph.D. Degree in Biosciences, Biomedicine, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Medical and Health Sciences, Biochemistry or related fields. Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
8. The selection is made through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular outputs of the candidates.
9. The selection of the PhD holder to be hired will be carried out by assessing the curriculum vitae of the candidates. In general terms, this evaluation will concern relevance and quality of the scientific and technological production of the candidate, as noted in the CV, namely: a) scientific and technological production considered more relevant by the candidates; b) involvement in activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge developed in the last five years, which promote the practice and scientific culture, considered of greater importance by the candidates and related to the position now in competition.
10. The position has been opened for the carrying out of tasks in the research project “NoOSAnoAGEING - Obstructive Sleep Apnea early diagnosis as a new strategy to delay ageing”, relevant to the research activities of the Neuroendocrinology and Aging Group of the CNC, focused on the interplay of ageing and ageing related disorders with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and to develop innovative strategies to decrease the high undiagnosed rates of OSA; The working plan should further extend the knowledge on the chosen topic, reinforcing the activities and international presence of CNC. It should also be aligned with CNC's strategy for the period 2018-2022 and take into account the interests and internal Dynamics of its research groups.
11. Evaluation is based on the scientific career of candidates. The evaluation of candidate CVs will focus on the scientific publication record, the scientific merit and research capabilities in the areas required for the position, in particular of isolation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs), evaluation of aging biomarkers, expertise in techniques of cellular and molecular biology, cell culture preparation, data analysis and scientific communication skills. Certificated competences in animal experimentation. Alignment with the profile of the researcher in the activity of the Neuroendocrinology and Aging group of the CNC. This evaluation will be carried out according to the following criteria:
11.1 Integrated assessment of the scientific trajectory of the candidate based on scientific merit and communication skills – 90%. The following items will be evaluated:
1) consistency and quality of CV (CV)– 40 %; including proven experience in Cellular and Molecular Biology techniques, namely, isolation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs), evaluation of aging biomarkers (western blot and qRT-PCR) and cell culture preparation.
2) Content and quality of the candidate’s scientific production, notably communications publications in international journals (PC)– 40%. Items such as number and quality of publications (Impact Factor and Quartile of journals) and communications, or citations and student supervisions will be considered.
3) Participation in outreach and dissemination activities (DIS) – 10%, including organization and active participation in scientific courses and meetings.
11.2 – Interview (E) – 10%
Final grade (CF) will be obtained using the following formula: CF = 0.4*CV + 0.4*PC + 0.1*DIS + 0.1*E
12. The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100.
13. The jury shall deliberate by means of a nominal vote based on the selection criteria adopted and published, and abstentions shall not be allowed.
14. The panel meetings will be documented in written minutes, containing a summary of what has taken place, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being provided to the candidates whenever requested.
15. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification.
16. The final decision of the jury is approved by the leader of the institution that is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
17. Formalization of the application:
17.1 Applications are formalized by sending a letter addressed to the President of the Jury, stating this announcement identification, full name, affiliation, number and date of identity card, Citizen Card, or civil identification number and date, taxpayer ID number, occupation, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
17.2 The application shall include all support documents mentioned in sections 6 and 7 for admission to this competition, namely: a) Copy of certificate or diploma; b) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with items 10 and 11; c) Other documents relevant for the evaluation, if deemed necessary by the candidate; d) contact of two references.
17.3 Applicants should send their applications by post, to the following address: Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Human Resources Department, Rua Larga, FMUC, 1º Piso, University of Coimbra, 3004-504 Coimbra, Portugal. The mail must be registered, with notice of receipt, issued until the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 30 working days after publication of this call. (06/12/2019)
18. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
19. False statements by candidates shall be punished by law.
20. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted in the CNC webpage at http://www.cnbc.pt/, and the applicants will be notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
21. Preliminary Hearing and deadline for Final Decision: After notification of the results, the candidates have 10 working days to respond. In the next 2 working days, counted from the deadline for submitting complaints, the final decisions of the jury shall be published on the CNC's website: http://www.cnbc.pt/.
22. The present tender is exclusively destined to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The CNC actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, beneficiary, disadvantaged or private of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, a candidate with disability has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.
25. In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (RGPD) and Law no. 58/2019 of 8 August, the person responsible for the processing of personal data of the candidates collected under this tender procedure is the Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC). The CNC ensures that personal data collected on a physical or digital medium, and whatever its nature, is handled responsibly for recruitment purposes only, through appropriate policies and measures to prevent access and misuse or misuse. possible intrusions, minimizing risks and contributing to their security. The CNC does not provide or allow access to personal data by third parties except for the purpose of fulfilling duly justified legal obligations. The personal data collected will be kept for a maximum of 6 months, counting from the end of the legal retention period provided for the procedure. At any time, the interested party may contact the CNC at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about the processing of personal data or to exercise the legally established rights.
Data de publicação: 24/10/2019