Applications are open for the allocation of a Post Doctoral Grant (BPD) (1st option) or a Doctoral Degree Grant (BD) (2nd option), under the Project FP7-SST-2011-RTD-1-285121, entitled “MAINLINE: MAINtenance, renewaL and Improvement of rail transport iNfrastructure to reduce Economic and environmental impacts”, funded by the European Commission, according to the following conditions:
1. Duration and Regulations of the Activity: Duration of 24 months (in case of BPD) or 36 months (in case of BD), starting in the 1st November 2011, under an exclusivity contract according to the FCT “Regulations Advanced Training and Qualification of Human Resources”. The Doctoral Degree Grant (BD) will only be occupied if the Post Doctoral Grant (BPD) is not filled by a qualified candidate to that position.
2. Objectives of the Activity and Scientific Supervision: The main activity is focused on the field of life cycle analysis of railway bridges, under the supervision of Prof. Paulo Cruz.
3. Academic Degree: PhD on Civil Engineering or similar (BPD). Master on Civil Engineering or similar (BD).
4. Other requirements:
- Fluent in English (BPD or BD);
- Knowledge of computer programming (BP or BD);
- Experience in design of bridges (especially railway bridges) (BPD);
- Experience in models of life-cycle analysis of infrastructures (BPD).
5. Remuneration: The value of the scholarship follows the Tables of Researchers (Indice 110).
6. Documents of application: The application must contain the following documents:
Motivation Letter; together with the Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates or documents confirming the academic degrees/classifications.
7. Application deadline: All applications must be delivered or sent by post, until 14th October 2011, to the following address:
A/c Prof. Paulo Cruz
ISISE – Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Structural Engineering
Universidade do Minho
Campus de Azurém