HASLab - High-Assurance Software Laboratory
Open Call for One Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships
Under the ON.2 SR & TD Integrated Program (N-01-07-01-24-01-26)
The HASLab Research Group – High-Assurance Software Laboratory, a member of INESC TEC – Associate Laboratory, opens a cal for one research fellowship (for PhD holders) under the framework of the ON.2 SR&TD Integrated Program “BEST CASE – Better Science Through Cooperative Advanced Synergetic Efforts”, supported by the Programa Operacional Regional do Norte (ON.2), as described and established in article 46th of DL 312/2007 of 17/09- point r) n. 2, modified and republished by DL 74/2008 of 22/04; article n. 19 from FEDER and Cohesion Fund General Regulations; the Specific Regulation of “Sistema de Apoio a Entidades do Sistema Científico e Tecnológico Nacional” and the respective Opening Announcement – SAESCTN - PIIC&DT/1/2011 – IC&DT Integrated Programs. These fellowships are co-funded by FEDER (Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional) through CCDR-N under the framework of the ON.2 program “O Novo Norte (Programa Operacional Regional do Norte 2007/2013)”.
The fellowship will be attributed under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Computer Science
2. Legal regulamentation: the scholarship will be in exclusivity, as Regulation research scholarship from the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P.-2013 (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml) and respecting the legal framework of the status of Scientific research fellow, approved by law nº 40/2004, of 18 August, changed and republished by Decree-Law nº 202/2012, August 27 and amended by Decree-Law nº 233/2012 from October 29 and by law nº 12/2013 of 29 January
3. Facilities: The research activities will be carried on at HASLab – High-Assurance Software Laboratory in University of Minho, at the Gualtar Campus in Braga.
4. Duration: The fellowship is full time, and have a duration of six months, starting on August, 1st, 2014 according to FCT´s fellowships. The fellowship can be extended up to the maximum legally allowed, and not beyond the projects time limit (June, 30th, 2015).
5. Research Lines and Positions available:
Research Line RL3 (Ref.: NORTE-01-0124-FEDER-000058): Network Sensing for Critical Systems Monitoring:
BPD-2014_BestCase_RL3.1_UMINHO – Objective: Definition of algorithms and tools for mutable data aggregation and monitoring.
6. Monthly payement: the monthly payement associated with the fellowship is 1.495€, and corresponds to the amount payed by FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P. (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores)
7. Selection methods: Curriculum Evaluation and Interview. The evaluation criteria for each method is as follows:
i. Curriculum Evaluation (Weight: 50%)
i.1. Academic qualifications
i.2. Professional history
i.3. Research Experience under the project scope
ii. Interview (Weight: 25% or 50%)
ii.1. Professional and behavioral skills.
iii. Eventual oral presentation about previous or ongoing research projects, if the number of candidates selected for the interview is not significant. (Weigh: 25% or 0%).
The candidates will be classified with a scale of 1 to 20 for each criterion, and candidates classified with a score below 15 in the Curriculum Evaluation will not be admitted to the Interview and to the oral presentation.
8. Jury Panel: Professor Rui Carlos Oliveira (President), Professor Carlos Baquero Moreno, Professor José Creissac Campos, Professor Luís Soares Barbosa.
9. Form of advertising /notification of results: The final evaluation will be published through the list ordered according to final score. It will be posted in a public location of the HASLab/Informatics Department/Universidade do Minho. The successful candidate will be notified by e-mail.
10. Format and Period of application: This call is open from June, 16th to 30th, 2014. Applications should be sent by e-mail (email@example.com) or handed at Department of Informatics, and should include the following documents; detailed CV, degree transcript, personnal identification document copy (passport, CC, or BI), telephone/mobile number, e-mail address, and address, and other documents that the candidate feels relevant for the application
Applications should be sent to:
Universidade do Minho
Departamento de Informática
A/c Professor Rui Carlos Oliveira
Campus de Gualtar