CIDEHUS – Centro Interdisciplinar de História, Culturas e Sociedades da Universidade de Évora - Projeto UID/HIS/00057/2013
Announcement: Opening of one Post-Doctoral Fellowship
June the 4th, 2015
The CIDEHUS (Interdisciplinary Center of History, Cultures and Societies of University of Évora) is opening the call for 1 Post-Doctoral fellowship, within the framework of UID/HIS/00057/2013 Project, with financial support from FCT/MEC (through national funds, eventually co-financed by FEDER (PT2020 Partnership agreement).
Scientific Domain: Heritage / Digital Humanities / Cultural Tourism
- Work experience in Cultural Heritage;
- Experience of articulation between Heritage / Cultural Tourism and Digital Humanities;
- Publications in International Journals with referees;
- Proved experience in research and participation in national or international projects;
- High English language fluency (written and spoken);
- Availability to reside in Portugal;
- To submit all the documentation.
- Specific and certified skills in digital heritage field in connection with the study of tourism products;
- Develop research on themes related to CIDEHUS strategic project.
Working Program: To design and implementation of innovative research on ICT systems and applications to the field of Cultural Heritage and Tourism; to collaborate in the ongoing research conduct in CIDEHUS on Heritage and Cultural Tourism in its links with the Digital Humanities; to draw, lead or support teams working in this field; to create links with international networks and in that context, draw and lead or support applications for international projects; stimulate advanced training seminars in the area of Heritage / DH / Cultural tourism for doctoral students and post-graduates; to publish research results in international journals with high impact factor.
Relevant Legislation: The fellowship will be attributed through a contract between the University of Évora and the selected candidate, in the terms of “Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Universidade de Évora (Ordem de Serviço nº1/2011)”, according to the “Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica (Lei nº40/2004 de 18 de Agosto)” and the “Regulamento de Bolsas e Investigação” da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, as presently valid. (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2015.pdf
Workplace: The fellow will work at CIDEHUS – Interdisciplinary Center of History, Cultures and Societies of Évora University, under the scientific supervision of Professors Ana Cardoso de Matos e Ana Maria Ferreira.
Duration of the Fellowship: one year, beginning in September 2015, renewable for a maximum of three years. The fellowship will not be linked to the above mentioned project, beyond the period of this project’s eligibility.
Amount of the Fellowship: The monthly subsidy will be of 1.495,00 €, to which insurance costs will be added, in conformity with the fellowships’ table as they are directly attributed by FCT, I.P. in this country. (See http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores ). Payments will be made every month, by bank check or by banking transfer.
- Curriculum evaluation (from 0 to 50 points) + project (from 0 to 40 points) + motivation letter (from 0 to10 points);
- Interview with candidates (maximum 7) having obtained the highest number of points during the first phase. The interview may take place through videoconference, or via Skype – from 0 to 100 points.
The fellowship will be attributed, depending on the fulfillment of the above described requisites, on the reception of all documentation required, on the scientific evaluation and on the financing institution’s budget availability.
President: Doutor Ana Cardoso de Matos
1.º Member – Doutor Ana Maria Ferreira
2.º Member – Doutor Fernanda Olival
1.º Alternate Member – Doutor João Rocha
2.º Alternate Member – Doutor Antónia Fialho Conde
Form of advertising / notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published in CIDEHUS, Palácio do Vimioso of Évora University, through list sorted by final score obtained, and all candidates notified by e-mail.
Deadline for application: The call will be open from the 19 June to 6th July 2015 and the selection results will be published before the end of July 2015.
Applications: The application must include the following documents:
- Detailed CV (must mention the academic degrees, scientific areas and the marks obtained in the bachelor, master, doctoral and later training experiences that eventually gather);
- Simple photocopy of certificates;
- Motivation letter;
- Research project, written with a maximum of 2000 words, which should connect the proposed tasks with the CIDEHUS Strategic project. For this, is mandatory a milestone scheduled for a period shorter than 12 months. For more information on the strategic project, see CIDEHUS website http://www.cidehus.uevora.pt/ and http://gdoc.uevora.pt/388960
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Copy or link to the full content of 1 or 2 publications that you consider expressive of your skills;
- Other documents considered relevant.
NOTE: the letter of motivation and the project must be written in one of the following languages: Portuguese / English / Spanish / French
Applications should be sent by post mail or by email, including in the subject “Application to Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Heritage – CIDEHUS – UID/HIS/00057/2013”, to:
Centro Interdisciplinar de História, Culturas e Sociedades da Universidade de Évora
Palácio do Vimioso
Largo do Marquês de Marialva, n.º 8