Open Call for a Research Fellowship
in the project IF/00839/2015
Applications are open for a Research fellowship under the Project IF/00839/2015, called “Functional characterisation of Wolbachia-host interaction”, and financed by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), through FCT/MECTES (PIDDAC), with the following conditions:
1. Duration: The Fellowship will have the duration of 6 months, with possible renovation until the end of the project, predicted to start in April, in exclusiveness regime, as regulated by the human resources of FCT (www.fct.mctes.pt/pt/apoios/formacao/ambitoprojectos) and fellowships regulation of Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência (www.igc.gulbenkian.pt). The fellowship is renewable at the end of this period.
2. Subject of Activities: The project focuses on characterizing Wolbachia antiviral protection in Drosophila melanogaster. The candidate will join other members of the lab working on this topic. For more information see research group page (www.igc.gulbenkian.pt/lteixeira).
The project in the field of Biological Sciences will take place in the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, located at Rua da Quinta Grande 6, 2780-156 Oeiras.
3. Scientific Orientation: Luis Teixeira– Host-microorganism interactions lab.
4. Selection Criteria: Master Degree in Biology or related scientific area. Experience in Drosophila genetics, Drosophila infection with pathogens, Wolbachia, and molecular biology is valuable. It is essential that the candidate is able to work in a team.
5. Subsidy Monthly Stipend: According the regulations of the FCT Scientific Fellowships in Portugal: €980.00/month + Social Security Voluntary Insurance. The payment will be made by bank transfer.
6. Application Documents: Letter of Motivation, Curriculum Vitae, proof of degree and contacts of two previous supervisors, should be sent in one PDF file, by e-mail, with subject “Research Fellowship Wolbachia”, to Luís Teixeira (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Selection Procedure: CV and motivation letter (50%). The selected candidates will be called for interview (50%).
8. Selection Juri: President: Luis Teixeira. Other members: Inês Pais e Rita Valente. Substitutes: Vera Martins e Rupinder Kaur.
9. Form of advertising / notification of results: The assessment results will be sent to all candidates by email and to FCT by registered surface email.
10. Application Period: From 23.03.2018 until 06.04.2018